Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loridunla Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Vacation rental
    I live in Kentucky and I have an apartment connected to my garage, I was considering furnishing it and using it as a vacation rental. I was needing to know if there is any laws that need to be followed or do I need to get a business license, any information would be helpful. Thank-you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 09:20 PM

While of course you always need to clarify this with your city ( where you get business licesne) but in general you don't have a license to own rental property.

The isue is how you are going to do the "vacation" rental. If it moves to a more boarding house or a bed and breakfeast things, then you may well.
    If it is more of a weekly rental then normally not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacation Rental Law [ 5 Answers ]

I own a single family resident in a residential area. I use this home as a vacation rental unit. In other words, I rent it to people who want to stay 1 night or 1 week or 1 month. The neighbors don't like it and have reported me to the city. Code Violations department slapped me with a fine for...

Vacation rental property [ 3 Answers ]

In general under what circumstances can a homeowner ask a weekly guest to leave the rental if they are upsetting the other guests who are staying on the same property?

Vacation rental laws [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home in the zip code 89123 and wish to turn it into a vacation rental,ei. (3 night minimum stays, weekly stays and/or longer stays) is there a law against doing this in the 89123 zip code? NOTE: It does not have HOA

Vacation rental cancells [ 5 Answers ]

I own a weekly/monthly vacation rental. I rent a year in advance. My terms and agreements say any monies collected will be returned if I can re-rent. I had people tie my Jan. up and cancelled 60 days out. I was only able to rent 2 weeks. They want there 200. Dep back and I am out 1400. For the...

Vacation Rental in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

We have a lakehouse that we are beginning to set up as a vacation rental in Texas (i.e. weekend, weekly, monthly type rentals). I haven't been able to find anything online regarding Security Deposits in Texas... i.e. what can/can't be deducted, when it needs to be returned, etc. Anyone have...

View more questions Search