Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Monthly average Query/or report
    At my work we have a "sign in sheet" table...
    I have created a query that calculates daily time, but when I try to create a report that shows weekly average hours, It gives me the daily average for each week, I assume I need to change the "DailyTime" column in my report to calculate weekly time, but I don't know how to do that.

Can anyone help me?

I have attached screen shots of the query, and the table that the query comes from...

The daily time code I am using in my query is
    Daily Time: Round(IIf(IsNull([Time Out Lunch]),DateDiff("n",[Time In AM],[Time Out PM]),DateDiff("n",[Time In AM],[Time Out Lunch])+DateDiff("n",[Time In Lunch],[Time Out PM]))/60,2)
    Attached Images

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2009, 01:14 PM

Ok, this is what I was getting out in my other post. To do what you want is fairly easy. What you need to do is first add a column to your query:

WeekTot: Datepart("ww",[Datefield])

Then make your query a Group By query and gropup on the WeekTot column first. Then sum the time.

Do the same only grouping by month.
    ashley velez Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Do I literally write date filed, or do I put a date filed in those brackets how do I only group on the weektot column, and get a sum.. I am sorry I am just confused

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a report/query in Access [ 16 Answers ]

I have an acess Database that my boss set up for me. I enter employee names what time they sign in sign out for lunch sign back in and sign out for the day... How do I make a report/or query that can give me a monthly average for each person?

IT Services Monthly Report [ 3 Answers ]

I started working with a company as an IT Expert(giving online support for the web platform on Share Point) , and they are asking me to write the monthly report. Have no idea how to start that, never done before. :confused: Does anyone have an example or an idea what and how do I do that?:D

Average monthly wage in USA [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone help me find the average monthly wagemfor a person living in the USA? Thank you.

Query pass in vb data report [ 2 Answers ]

I have three records in a table with staff no 555,666,777 and I want to pass select query in data report for only staff no =666 please solve this problem

What is the Monthly average salary in Galati, Romania [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody help me.. I was thinking of relocating next year to Galati, Romania. I live in the US. What is the monthly average salary of a registered nurse in Galati Romania. Or if you are working as a receptionest in a hotel? Thanks.

View more questions Search