Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Scorpion in house
    Scorpion, I saw one about three week ago, and another one yesterday, small one inch ( OK it was moving and I was crushing) so maybe a little larger.

It was just crossing the front room floor.

I have no idea how to get rid of them, and to be honest I did not know they were even around GA anyway.

What do I do to make sure they go away, and don't come back
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Treat the perimeter of your house with a repellant chemical like bifenthrin or deltamethrin (you have to read the ingredients on the label) and make sure your weatherstripping is tight. Also check drainpipes and cable runs and make sure they're sealed so the buggers can't get in anymore.
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jun 19, 2009, 07:39 PM

Not sure where you are, Fr Chuck... but here in south Texas, the pest control folks tell us to ensure we do not have branches overhanging our house. Creepy crawlers like scorpions can use the tree to get above the house and then find an easier way in.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Did you find the chemicals yet, Padre? In Georgia it would be rare for the native rock scorpions to come in over tree limbs, but ants can so trimming them back is a good idea.
    Alyeska Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Jun 20, 2009, 12:05 PM

OMG! Where do you live! Scorpions can sting you when they are threatened. Before you lie in bed, put shoes on and sit on a couch, check it carefully for scorpions. Contact your local pest control.
    How to Get Rid of Scorpions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scorpion Life Span [ 4 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me what the life span of a large scorpion is? My sister has had one for a year and a half and mentioned it is really slowing down and doesn't have an appetite anymore. Is it possible it is slowing down because it is becoming winter?

My dog might have been stung by a scorpion. [ 3 Answers ]

what do I do if my dog was stung by a scorpion?

Scorpion stings and donating [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so I was walking down the hall this morning minding my own when I stepped on a scorpion. (No idea where it came from! Our house is so clean you think I'd of seen it, except the lights were off. Anyway.) Well as you can probably guess the dumb thing stung me (for anyone who's never been stung...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

View more questions Search