Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucytwo2 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Missing Cat
    My indoor cat suddenly went awol. She has been indoors for 7 years and somehow she got out. We can't find her anywhere.She has been gone for 4 days.What are the chances that she will return on her own?She still has her claws so that should help her and I doubt if she will go to anybody else.How long do they stay away before returning?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 12:00 AM

Hi, lucytwo2!

What is the climate like where you're at now?

Thanks!
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 17, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Also, she could still be in your house somewhere. My neighbor's cat disappeared for two solid days when the dad of the house heard faint mewing from the basement. Tito had gotten into the furnace shaft while he was painting a room (he'd taken the grate off) and the cat was sitting down in the furnace for two days!

I have one cat who hides so well when contractors, etc. come to the house, I'd swear she was gone. Really tear the house apart, search all closets, listen carefully. If you have a basement, check behind walls, panels, ceiling, washer, dryer... look behind everything.

I hope you find her...

Jun 17, 2009, 01:52 PM

The climate is fine as far as degrees,but its been raining a lot and like most cats she doesn't like water.We already tore the house apart looking but she wasn't the type to hide indoors.She knew her name and yes she did come when she was called.She would never go 5 days without eating if she was hiding indoors.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 02:00 PM

Perhaps she wandered off and has taken shelter somewhere because of the rain?
    govguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 17, 2009, 04:40 PM
    I remember when I was younger I had a cat that had gotten out. Two weeks later he returned home, fatter then ever. Found out that someone took him in and he was getting rid of their mice.

Jun 18, 2009, 03:00 PM

Well its been 6 days now and I'm frantic because I feel she is stupid and does not know how to exist outside.If someone takes her in I think she'll end up staying in.Hopefully someone will see one of my flyers that I put up.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 19, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Do you have an animal shelter in your area? You could check it out and see if she's there.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    Do you have an animal shelter in your area? You could check it out and see if she's there.
    Good idea.
    Provide the shelter with a photo of your cat and your phone number so they can call you if they do find her or someone brings her in.
    You might want to try local vet surguries too... asking as well as flyers.

Make sure you put the flyers in surroundings areas also, cats can wander quite far in 6 days...

I am truly crossing my fingers for you...
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 01:24 PM

Call every animal-related place in your area. Call all shelters, all pet stores, all veterinarians.

Good luck.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Jun 22, 2009, 05:58 PM

Small question, Is your cat spayed or could she have possibly been in heat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's missing here? [ 28 Answers ]

If you accept the idea often presented in these threads that there is a vast right-wing conspiracy, and that the "religious right" are a class of people who are haters, shooting abortionists and are as Rosie says, more dangerous than the Muslim terrorists, then please explain something. We lost...

Something is missing. But what? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello my name is Kai and I am 15, a similar question has been addressed before in one of the forums, but I feel my case is a bit different. Before I start I will briefly introduce myself. I am a very rational person, I enjoy everything to do with science, philosophy and technology, I love...

What are we missing? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter's cat, Midnite, was 8 in April. He is neutered and has never had any health problems other than an allergy to fleas (thanks to the vet's office when the dog went in to get neutered). He is a total inside cat who generally weighs 11 lbs. My daughter has been away for 2 weeks and is...

View more questions Search