Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

Jun 14, 2009, 08:09 PM

All right so net 30 days...
    Means payment every month..?
    Also in the contract where does it state when it ends or termination or something like that?
    Did I over look it?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaningman23 View Post
    Alright so net 30 days...
    means payment every month..??
    Also in the contract where does it state when it ends or termination or something like that?
    did i over look it?
    Be prepared, commercial cleaning is different in many ways...

'Net 30' means that; you work the month, then invoice for that month and they have 30 days from the date of your invoice to pay. In this economy, some are taking 60 days to pay from invoice date... :mad: So initially, from the first day that you work it will be approximately 60 days before you are paid for that first month. Then once that starts you will get a check each month for the previous month's work... Then if you should ever lose the contract, say on a dtae like July 31st... you would get a check for that last month 30 days later, August 30th.

Clean... let's keep moving forward please on completing the information that you need to finish these proposals.

I believe that you have all you need to format each proposal (Like I said my system; Windows 2007 XP Professional) will not let me edit anything that you send me. But I think that I have given you all you need, you will need to crunch the work...

Can we now get to the pricing... K?

Jun 14, 2009, 08:21 PM

Yes that is fine...

I will just say net 30.. lets move forward with pricing...
    I know you have full day tomorrow and so do I
    So lets finish this up!

Jun 14, 2009, 08:22 PM
    OK did you see the posting from last night I posted with all sq footage and areas and duties...

Jun 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
    The only property that was not included was the one I did not want to do and it was the glenwood.. common office restroom and hallway... 970 Sq ft

Jun 14, 2009, 08:26 PM
    I must keep in mind that I am going up against 3 other companies and a "cindys Cleaning" which I am assuming is a ma and pa company..
    And keep in mind the special breed prop manager said they are taking best price... which I know ma and pa's like to do often

Jun 14, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Ok so property one...
    Commercial Cleaning Outlines for Proposals
    Once a week Cleaning
    Contract Proposal #1
    Network Building
    Entrances = 1 main , 1 side
    Levels= 2 floors
    3)Empty Trash in Bathrooms and near water fountain
    4)Remove Carpet Spots when if/needed(spotting)
    5) All Ceramic Residual Tiles Dust Mopped and Wet Mopped
    6)Clean and Polish Drinking Fountains(2)+Elevator(1)
    7) Clean Washrooms on 1st and 2nd floors (4)

Jun 14, 2009, 08:33 PM
    I rember you saying .16 per sq foot would be competitive for a 5 days a week job... but since this is less should I go more

Jun 14, 2009, 08:40 PM
    U there stringer *Ring Ring*
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 08:59 PM

Hi, Guys!

It looks like the two of you have been busy!

Jun 14, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Ahhh Yes we have been! How are you clough hehe
    Stringer has been a blessing andhas helped me piece this together..
    He has disappeared though!!
    We awe just about to do the pricing...
    I hope he comes back
    :-)

How was your weekend my friend
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 09:29 PM

I'm sure that he'll be back, eventually. He usually lets people know when he needs to go...

Weekend has gone pretty good! My new church job is going really well!

How was your's?

I have to return a phone call to someone momentarily. I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

Jun 14, 2009, 09:29 PM

Stringerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Were so close!
    I have done all th modifications you told me to do...
    Only thing is the ending of the contract and that clause you were speaking of!

Jun 14, 2009, 09:30 PM
    Oh that is fine...
    What are you doing for the church?
    May I ask
    Which type of church you belong to?
    Business Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 09:40 PM

Ok... Now here is my disclaimer again my friend...

I will give you my suggestions for you to price your bid to clean these buildings however, you and you alone will determine that final price, that is only your decision.

Most property management company managers always push the price to clean down, it is their job, it is their goal, no matter what they may say, this is a fact. Keep this in mind. Value added selling will help but it will come down to; can you do the job and what is the lowest price to do this work? I have been there with them for too many years, we do not even pursue work with P. M.'s anymore.

Now, please keep in mind Clean, that I am making my suggesting without all the information that I usually gather, I have not seen nor have I been in these buildings. There are many other considerations; density:... a lot of people (a lot of desks, trash, washroom usage, etc), a lot of extra mess.

Are these Class A, B or C buildings? (A building being the Taj Mahal, India).

Usually, even in a good economy, in my opinion, if there is a LOT of sq ft and 5 to 6 days work per week... the price per sq ft is as low as $.06 to $.07 per sq ft... volume remember.

(Example: 500,000 sq ft X $.06 per sq ft = $30,000.00 per month)

Clean, please understand that I don't say this to lessen the importance of the job, but it is a fact that influences the pricing. However, this job is one to two days per week and less sq footage.

The pricing I listed above is for a full time large job, so actually for this work I suggest that your price per square foot is more for several reasons;

Minimum sq footage...

One or two days per week cleaning means that all this dirt, trash, dust, grim, etc. will build up all week. That day that you clean there WILL be much more in those trash cans, etc.

I am going to suggest a price per square foot that you may use and take times the sq ft for each job, each day...

For example; ( I am tired and I didn't go back to get the exact sq ft for each of these jobs, so I am using hypothetical figures.)

Job number 1: $.15 to $.17 per sq ft, two days per week, with a total square footage, including washrooms, kitchens... everything that is cleanable... 2,500 sq ft total...

2,500 sq ft X $.15 = $375.00 per each time that you clean this space.

Here is how you accurately figure your monthly price;

Take the total number of days you will clean this 2/day/week job times 52 (weeks in a year) or 104 days annually.

Take that 104 days times my suggested figure for the 2,500 sq ft ($375.00) = $39,000.00 annually. Divide this by 12 (months) =
    $3,250.00 billed each month for this 2,550 sq ft building (This is only an example Clean, as how to figure a similar job, not using your exact sq ft figures or number of days per week specifically)

Summary;

Take the sq ft for the area, take that X the price per sq ft, that gives you the total price to clean that space... each time.

If it is more than one time per week, then that that total $$$ figure X the total number of days you clean in that week. Arrive at a total weekly price, take that X 52 (weeks in a year) and arrive at an annual total $$$$, then divide that by twelve (months in a year) and you arrive at an accurate monthly price. This is necessary because of the two extra weeks in the year and that can add up annually, believe me. Actually those two weeks in this case amount to $750.00 annually.

Now I am rethinking this, I just remembered that you said that there would probably be a 'whore' bidder correct?

Honestly Clean, I, myself would probably use $ .09 per square foot to calculate this job and the other two or three...

But I would use the formula I suggested above...

Very tired, hope that I was clear and you understand what I am saying her. If we do need to speak on this again tomorrow, I should be able to get back on about 3:30 pm... but that is late for you as you have to have this printed up, in a binder and delivered to them before 5 pm.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Jun 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaningman23 View Post
    oh that is fine...
    What are you doing for the church?
    may i ask
    which type of church you belong to?
    I know that you have had a conversation with Clough about church, but if you are speaking to me... I think that you mistook 'crunch' for 'church' in my post my friend... that is okay. I am a member of the First United Methodist Church, have been for over 35 years.

Jun 14, 2009, 09:54 PM

Ok I am somewhat understanding what you said...
    So bare with me I know you are tired...
    One of my buildings is 5010 Sq Ft.
    So
    for a weekly price
    I would do 5010 Sq Ft X .09 = $450.90 then times it by 52

Jun 14, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Hehe bare with me I am reading your post over and over at the moment trying to understand...

Jun 14, 2009, 09:58 PM
    The 450.90 would be my monthly charge correct?

Jun 14, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Summary;

Take the sq ft for the area, take that X the price per sq ft, that gives you the total price to clean that space... each time

DO YOU MEAN EACH WEEK OR EACH MONTH??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How do I price a commercial cleaning?

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Once I get them on the phone what should I say?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

View more questions Search