Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaynaly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Predatory lending and foreclosure
    We have been victim to predatory lending and as soon as we got the loan, closed, the mortgage company paid off our loan. We have gone through a lot of financial hardships from losing my job due to a freak work accident to having a baby and me having to start over from scratch. The new mortgage company will only give us a forbearance plan that is unreasonable. There is a foreclosure auction soon. What will happen?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 30, 2009, 01:03 PM

Umm if your loan was paid off then how can there be a foreclosure? Do you mean your loan was sold to someone else? Are you sure the people who filed for foreclosure are the actual owners of the debt? Mortgages are often sold as part of mortgage backed securitites, so its no longer clear who the actual owner is. The entity filing for foreclosure needs to prove they have the right to foreclose.

But if everything is legal, at the auction, the property will cease be titled in your name. It will revert to the lender or whoever wins the auction. You will then be given time to find a new place too live.
    jaynaly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Umm if your loan was paid off then how can there be a foreclosure? Do you mean your loan was sold to someone else? Are you sure the people who filed for foreclosure are the actual owners of the debt? Mortgages are often sold as part of mortgage backed securitites, so its no longer clear who the actual owner is. The entity filing for foreclosure needs to prove they have the right to foreclose.

But if everything is legal, at the auction, the property will cease be titled in your name. It will revert to the lender or whoever wins the auction. You will then be given time to find a new place too live.
    Scott,
    We were in a presidential declared flood and tried to geet help from FEMA but they said that we did not have a loan and that we $205000.00 in equity. Aside from that the originator told us that the loan was paid off and that we should not call them anymore unless we decide to purchase another house. This has been our problem for three years. It has gone through wo other companies and three years later they are trying to foreclose on us. I also have documentation of everything that has transpired.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 31, 2009, 04:43 AM

If you have documentation that says the loan was paid off then go to the foreclosure hearing and present that documentation.

If you have been told NOT to pay because of this, and you were told the wrong thing and you CAN afford to pay the mortgage, but not bring it up to date, then the court may order a renegotiation of the terms so you can just resume payment. But if what you say is true, then I can't see the court allowing the foreclosure to go through.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 31, 2009, 05:58 AM

Hello jay:

I think you need a lawyer.

excon
    CARE Services Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 08:31 AM

Not sure how this works or what I am able to answer on this site?

Sounds like your loan was sold & that is normal in the lending business. As for the Sheriff Sale this can be stopped!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CARE Services View Post
    Not sure how this works or what I am able to answer on this site?

As for the Sheriff Sale this can be stopped!
    Hello again, CARE:

You're able to TELL her how to do it. You're NOT able to solicit your services. You're going to have to give away your secrets for free.

excon
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 10:36 AM

When is the Sheriff Sale?

Have you considered selling your home?

That would be the only way that you could buy 6-9 months!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Predatory practice suit against Regions/Amsouth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a business owner in Tennessee and after much research have realized that I definitely have a predatory lending case against Amsouth/Regions bank. According to a new state law passed last year what they have done is illegal. This is a snippet from The Memphis Daily News:...

Lending and receiving [ 1 Answers ]

If sam gave ram Rs. 5 then Ram would have 5 times as much as Sam,but if Ram gave Sam Rs 5 then Sam would have 5 times as much as Ram.How much did they have together?

Thank you for lending me [ 10 Answers ]

The lounge for my picnic Since it was another crummy 4th for me

Preditory lending? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to refinance with countrywide bank for approx. 2 months now. At first I was told we didn't need any money down except the inspection fee of 395.00. Then because we have a septic system(wich they had known about already) we were told we would have to tie into the city sewer but...

Lending to Borrowers [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to lend money to borrowers because my CD is about to mature and the rate is going to be horrible. Is there a solid way to lend money and set your own interest rate? Our a website that coordinates small loans for lenders? I know the risk would be a default but what are the laws...

View more questions Search