Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Jun 5, 2009, 03:43 AM
    Sims3 crash
    I got sims3 today (YAY) and I've installed it on my laptop no problem, it goes a little slow but compared to my sims2 this is the speed of light!
    However, I get about half way through creating a sim and then my screen goes black and a horrible noise comes out of it (the noise only happened twice out of the three times it did this) I got the furthest in making a sim the third time after I deleted a whole load of word documents.
    How do I stop the crashing? (I think it's crashing anyway) do I have to delete more stuff or change the quality of the sound and display or something?:confused:
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Jun 5, 2009, 04:36 AM

I would say try setting the game to play on a lower quality and see if that helps

Jun 5, 2009, 04:37 AM

How do I do that?
    (Sorry but I barely manage to find things on my laptop never mind change them)

Jun 5, 2009, 03:19 PM

OK if there's no options in the game to set it to play at a lower display setting/quality, then double check the system requirements for the game and maybe post the system requirements and what you have so I can have a look. From what you have given me though, it sounds like there is a conflict between your display driver and Directx or it could be a compatibility issue which I doubt with a game this new.

Jun 6, 2009, 04:26 AM

Hum, I got it sorted I think, It plays but if I have anything else running it'll crash.
    I looked at the requirements it says it needs 2 GB of RAM and I only have 0.99 GB of RAM.
    How do I make mine bigger??

Jun 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
    So there is your problem! You don't have enough RAM hehe.. yeah mines only got 1 GB ram as well. As to how to make it bigger, you cant! Unless you buy another slot of ram and get a friend with knowledge in computers to install it for you or you can go check in with the place you got your laptop from and just say that you want to install more ram. The first option can be moderately cheaper because you would only be paying for the cost of the RAM(unless if your friend decides to charge you) depending on whether you are still warranty period. Because if it is outside of warranty, then they WILL charge you for both the cost of acquiring the RAM and labour.

Ok as to it running good with no programs running, thts because there's no other things taking up RAM (A simple way of explaining what RAM is, it is basically, in plain english, the resources that a program needs to run properly. Since you don't actually have enough RAM in the first place, Sims 3 is already going to have trouble running and it will be slow. Secondly, other programs running in the background needs resources too so as you can well imagine, that further drains RAM, to the point that your game just cannot cope anymore. My advice to you is that instead of getting the RAM fitted, you might as well just cope with it and wait for the price of laptops with more RAM to come down, surprisingly enough, they do come down quite fast, within about half a year or a year, laptops will have gone down half the value. So it is probably wiser that way.

Sorry about the long post! I just wanted to explain everything clearly and in plain english so you understood.

just send me a private message on here if you have anymore questions!

Happy gaming!

Adam

Jun 7, 2009, 02:55 AM

YAY!
    Thank you because I was beyond confused there!

Well, My game is OK now, kind of, I've learnt I can window it and talk on msn at the same time and stuff but then it goes incredibly slow.
    I think I'll wait for laptop prices to come down, I can save up my wages and by the time I find one I'll have enough.
    I'm already so addicted to it I'm willing to deal with the bad :D

Thank you!

Jun 7, 2009, 03:04 AM

No problem :) I think you and I should be friends. I'm always keen for new people

Jun 7, 2009, 03:26 AM

I love new people :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car crash [ 9 Answers ]

Recently I was hit by another car, it was T bone , I was driving straight, and it was yield for another car. But the driver did not stop and I got hit on passenger side. The driver of that car is 32 years old lady, she does not have license, could not show proof of insurance and also not the owner...

Car crash [ 2 Answers ]

Driver one is traveling south on rt 128, in front is driver two also traveling south. Driver two turns on right directional to exit off highway. Once realizing there is no exit at that point driver two without directional enters back into ongoing trafficin front if driver one, causing driver one to...

Hdd crash [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals One of my hdd has crashed .so is that all the data in the hdd is lost? How can we retrive any important info from tat ? Is there any thing we can do? Is the hdd completely gone or can any one repair it?

Crash [ 10 Answers ]

problem of my computer is it just stops in the middle of when I am doing something and the blue screen comes up with the notice and this is not the first time it happens frequently , the message is like this :Help me please A problem as been detected and window has been shut down to prevent...

View more questions Search