Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandgeek121 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Just friends for now
    Hey everyone, I need some advice. Here's my situation:

I'm graduating 8th grade and there's this boy that I went to the 8th grade dinner dance with. We have both liked each other a lot for a while now (like almost 2 years.) but the problem is we both can't date right now. He knows for sure he can start dating when he is a freshman in high school, but my parents keep changing the date for me, like "not until you're 15, 17 ,19" and so on. We're not officially dating, like I just had my first kiss ever with him and we hug each other a lot. How could I try to convince my parents that I could start dating next year? I like him a lot and he told me that he would wait for the OK from my parents.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 29, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Do you actually know what the term "friends with benefits" means as from your post you clearly don't??
    goodgirl92 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

May 29, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hi, well I think you two sound adorable :)
    If your parents are set on not dating till your older, then you should abide by that. Maybe you guys could not exactly be "together", but instead friends that do hug, kiss and have a laugh together. You're in year 8, you don't NEED a boyfriend. If your parents ask why you spend a lot of time with him, then just tell the truth - he's one of your best friends and you're hanging out or watever. Don't tell them about the kissing. Just don't be where they are when you kiss :)
    I'm 17, so I can relate to you. When I was in year 8 I started liking my best friend. I'd known him since I was 3. we just stayed friends then, but now we've been together properly for in total 10 months. There was a break in between, but yeah, we're still together and happy :)
    Well, good luck!
    Xox
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 30, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Lol the term friends with benefits is not kissing etc it's a little further down the track (lol)

But I say explain to your parents that once your 15 it is reasonable for you to start dateing but not a serios relationship dear god no

But your only a teenager for 7 years that's only 1 11th of your life sometimes less for the elderly people so enjoy it and just be friends
    bandgeek121 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Lol sorry for the misuse of the term "friends with benefits" but that's what my friends call us , lol I have to tell my friend the true meaning... lol but anyway sorry for that I need to more careful :)... no benefits in that way,that's like way long away from now like when I'm married :D lol but what else could you call us? We're not officially a "couple" but we're more than good friends. Lol again sorry for the misuse! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends with benefits [ 5 Answers ]

I'm an older woman and falling for a younger guy. We spend a lot of time together and he told me he likes to spend time w/me but he's embarrass to be seen w/me 'cause of our age difference. How am I'm suppose to take that? :confused:

Friends with benefits [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is ever too late to turn a friend with benefits, into something more? If I stop and say that I thought I could handle just casually having sex, is it too late for him to take me seriously? But the thing is, I really do want to have sex with him, but I want him to respect...

Friends with Benefits [ 59 Answers ]

I have a friend that has been living with a girl for 4years plus, they have an 8mth old baby. This girl is a little on the psycho side, putting him out, burning all of his things, one day everything is rosey and the next day it's hell. We have been friends for 3years and I have been through a lot...

Friends with benefits [ 12 Answers ]

X and I broke up about six months ago after being together three yrs and living with each other for 2. Wasn't a bad break up and have still been good friends. She jumped in anotherr relationship after ours and just broke it off with him. Anywayz... she asked me if I wanted to be friends with...

View more questions Search