Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sashko_little Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 02:52 PM
    I need to get a girlfriend!
    Hello I am sashko I am 12 years old I live in bulgaria and I want to get a girl friend .But I don't know how because I am overweight and I am shy :( I know I am young but like all anothore boys I want to have a girlfriend but I am a computer geek kind of and I thought you could help me at least a little :) I would be very happy if I get a girlfriend !
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 04:44 PM

You're too young to worry about having a girlfriend. For your health's sake worry about maintaining a healthy weight. There's nothing wrong with being a computer geek (my boyfriend is one lol) as long as you know how to interact with people away from computers. Having a girlfriend isn't going to make you happy. You have to be happy with yourself. You need to build yourself confidence. Now girl is going to do that for you.
    crazychick56 Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

May 27, 2009, 04:46 PM

Well... you seem very bright personalitied and any girl would be lucky to have that... :)... but to get a girlfriend... its best to share interest with each other... so if you're a computer geek... or whatever you call yourself... find a girl into the same things... computers... technology and whatever...

Its easier that way and I know plenty of overweight guys my age getting really good girlfriends and if they don't oh well... you shouldn't be beating yourself up over it but you will soon enough find your special one... just be patient...

And my motto is...
    ONCE YOU STOP LOOKING FOR LOVE... LOVE WILL SOON FIND YOU :) have fun and be yourself... you will be surprised how many girls will like that once they come out of their shells themselves:)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 27, 2009, 04:51 PM

Too young. Wait a few years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 05:05 PM

So at 12 you are over weight, then start losing weight and by the time you are 16 you could be buff.
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

May 28, 2009, 05:49 AM
    I once read somewhere that the best advice for teenage boys looking for girlfriends, is to stop looking, and start shaping themselves to become good boyfriend material by the time they're 18-20.

I had a friend who was shy and overweight. He did windsurfing and was really good at it. At 16 he started giving lessons to other kids his age. And suddenly all girls liked him and he was "cool".

So you could think about what you want to be like when you're 18. Join some sports team, read books, so that when you're 18 girls will find you cool and interesting. I say having a girlfriend at 12 is pretty much pointless anyway.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 11:15 AM

Here's a thought...

My partner lost his virginity when he was 13 years old.

He will now regret it for the rest of his life.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 28, 2009, 11:29 AM

Wow, 12 years old and needing a girlfriend. Heck I need a girlfrend and I'm.. well.. couple of years older:P
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2009, 11:48 AM

Back away from the computer, and do some group things, and make some real friends. Pay attention to personal hygiene, and learn how to have fun, and talk to all the people you see, and meet.

That gets you started, and just know that all the females will look, and smell very good, as your hormones start raging.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazychick56 View Post
    well.... you seem very bright personalitied and any girl would be lucky to have that...:)..... but to get a girlfriend... its best to share interest with each other.... so if your a computer geek... or whatever you call yourself..... find a girl into the same things... computers.... technology and whatever....

its easier that way and i know plenty of overweight guys my age getting really good girlfriends and if they dont oh well.... you shouldnt be beating yourself up over it but you will soon enough find your special one..... just be patient....

and my motto is....................
    ONCE YOU STOP LOOKING FOR LOVE... LOVE WILL SOON FIND YOU :) have fun and be yourself.... you will be suprised how many girls will like that once they come out of their shells themselves:)
    Agreed you look and seek but never find but stay put someone will discover what's on your mind look after yourself look after the world you'll be surprised whose watching :)

Ps sorry have to spread the rep
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 29, 2009, 07:54 AM

Take it from me... the single life is a good life :) I love being single ( doesn't help that all the guys at my school only have 3 things on there mind.). If you wait a while and do what crazychick told you... stop looking for love and love will find you. That's the best kind of information that somebody can give you. Yah you may be a little to young but if love finds you... don't rush things. :)
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2009, 10:59 AM

Why do you want a girlfriend so bad? If it's solely so you could feel better about yourself, getting a girlfriend won't help you. Sure you'll be happier, and more confident, but it will all be fake. And honestly a relationship at 12 won't last, and when it's all over with you'll be right back where you started because you never had real confidence. I'm a girl, and we don't like desperate guys who don't have any confidence. You seem like a very sweet guy and any girl would be lucky to have you, even at this young age, but work on yourself confidence first sweetie.
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

May 30, 2009, 01:41 PM

My recommendation is:

Relationship roadmap for life (no unfortunately I didn't heed my own advice, hence why I dispense if freely to others :) )

Flirting and such okay in early teens.

Steady partner at 20 (nothing to serious though, and for God's sake don't live together)

Marriage at 45
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2009, 02:46 PM

Listen pal, your too young for a girlfreind, I didn't start dating until the 9th grade, and you really need to lower your freakin standards if you want a pretty girl who will respect you for who you are not what you look like, that's rare, trust me
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AManWithNoName View Post
    Listen pal, your too young for a girlfreind, I didn't start dating til the 9th grade, and you really need to lower your freakin standards if you want a pretty girl who will respect you for who you are not what you look like, that's rare, trust me
    At 12 it's rare, in your teens it's rare, but as an adult we girls tend to look at qualitites other then looks.

Twelve is simply too young to date. Get involved in sports, find a hobby, fill you time with other stuff. Sure, talk to girls, but date, NO!

My God, why are kids trying to grow up so darn fast?
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

May 30, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    At 12 it's rare, in your teens it's rare, but as an adult we girls tend to look at qualitites other then looks.

Twelve is simply too young to date. Get involved in sports, find a hobby, fill you time with other stuff. Sure, talk to girls, but date, NO!

My God, why are kids trying to grow up so darn fast?
    So they can be "cool"
    I'm 16, in my life, I've had 5 girlfreinds, only because emotionally unstable
    And I see these 11 yo kids making out and stuff, its like, your kids, I thought girls too you were like "cooties" or whatever
    12, Too soon man, you should plan ahead, excersise your fat @$$, or learn a instrument, a cool one, not the trumpet, something that will get you girls in the future, like the piano, or guitar, so you can write a love song that is obviosly bs, and interchangeable for the name of the next girl you date(I'm a bad person)
    Get off the damn computer, and learn some skills
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AManWithNoName View Post
    So they can be "cool"
    I'm 16, in my life, iv had 5 girlfreinds, only because emotionally unstable
    And I see these 11 yo kids making out and stuff, its like, , your kids, I thought girls too you were like "cooties" or whatever
    12, Too soon man, you should plan ahead, excersise your fat @$$, or learn a instrument, a cool one, not the trumpet, something that will get you girls in the future, like the piano, or guitar, so you can write a love song that is obviosly bs, and interchangeable for the name of the next girl you date(I'm a bad person)
    Get off the damn computer, and learn some skills
    I'm going mom on your arse now.

You're sixteen and have had 5 girlfriends? Sweetie, you're too young too, especially if you're emotionally unstable. Just saying.

Ya, I dated when I was young, did all the stupid stuff when I was young, thought I knew better then anyone. I was wrong, learned the hard way, lived to tell about it.

Seriously, enjoy your youth, it goes by so darn fast. Just be a kid, there's no rush. Honestly, being grown up is hard, you need to be a kid in order to be an adult one day.

Just have fun, safe fun, age appropriate fun.

Wow, I really do sound like my mother. :(
    crazychick56 Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

May 31, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm going mom on your arse now.

You're sixteen and have had 5 girlfriends? Sweetie, you're too young too, especially if you're emotionally unstable. Just sayin.

Ya, I dated when I was young, did all the stupid stuff when I was young, thought I knew better then anyone. I was wrong, learned the hard way, lived to tell about it.

Seriously, enjoy your youth, it goes by so darn fast. Just be a kid, there's no rush. Honestly, being grown up is hard, you need to be a kid in order to be an adult one day.

Just have fun, safe fun, age appropriate fun.

Wow, I really do sound like my mother. :(
    Haha... altenweg... its OK... you're like my computer mom lol and there is nothing wrong with that lol:) moms are pretty cool to me if I must say so... especially my mommy:) she does a lot for me:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

My girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a year and a half now we have never have had sexual intercourse both virgins, and I was just wondering I have two question, what is the possibility to make a virgin female orgasm? Because my girlfriend hasn't experienced it before and I want her to feel...

View more questions Search