Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Stopping period for 1 month
    Hello,
    Im getting married in 2 months, I'm not on the pill, but I have a feeling I will have my period on the date of our wedding.
    Is there any way I can stop my period from coming?
    We also want to start trying for a family very soon after so don't wish something that could delay that...
    Is there anything I can take?

Thanks
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 27, 2009, 01:12 PM

I would suggest you speak to your ob-gyn to get the correct method for you.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 02:17 PM

Go along and speak to your Doctor, explain it's your big day etc...

Someone that I work with had the same problem, she was already on the birth pill... which is usually 3 weeks taking it, the week you don't you then have your period.

Her doctor told her to contnue to take her pill, this would prevent her from having her period on her special day.

I am not a doctor, so please go along and make sure you get some correct advice.

What may be right for one person is not necessarily right for another,so please check first.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 11:41 PM
    I am not on the pill, I used to take it for 6 years and been off it for 5 and don't really want to take it again as we plan to start a family while on honeymoon so wouldn't really want to postpone that..
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Is what I'm after impossible?
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 28, 2009, 07:59 AM

You have to give a little to get. You might be asking too much of your body too soon. Please check with your doctor or contact a nurseline for assistance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spotting after period after stopping because [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently on Seasonique and spotted throughout the three month pill pack. After the pill pack, I stopped taking Seasonique. After having my period for the past week it seemed to have stopped for a couple of days. Then spotting started back up again. Is this normal?

Unexpected period, that needs stopping! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on the pill, I missed one day but had it that night, 3 days later I started bleeding. I'm petrified as I can't be on this next week. Please can anyone tell me how I can stop the bleeding. I've bleed from Wednesday its now Friday and I MUST stop by Sunday night. I'm still taking the pills and I...

Short Light Period last month, no period this month [ 6 Answers ]

In Nov. I had a short three day light unusual period. This month I have no period. I have taken a test and the results our positive. I am wondering how pregnant am I . Most of the calculators tell you to give the date of your last cycle. Should that be the last normal cycle ? Or does it make a...

Why have I not had a period after stopping my Evra contraceptive Patch last month? [ 3 Answers ]

I stopped putting on my Evra Contraceptive patch last month and have been trying for a baby since my last period (4 weeks ago). I have not had a period as yet and was due on Tuesday 14th Aug 07. I have taken two pregnancy tests, one on Monday and the other Tuesday and both results were negative. ...

View more questions Search