Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

May 26, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Weedeater brand riding mower?
    Im making a trade my item is worth 800 obo he's offering a weedeater brand 13hp riding mower w/a tucumpsen motor its garage kept and looks good I'm not familiar with this brand how does it rate with the other stuff out there?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 26, 2009, 05:28 PM

You can buy a brand new Tard man tractor 14 hp on sale for $950. Does that answer your question?
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 05:58 AM

Weed eater is the same as a craftsman,poulan,poulan pro,anything craftsman made.they are all made in the same factory in Orangeburg,sc 29115.

-Mower_Man-

Reply soon!
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

May 28, 2009, 01:28 PM

I was in "Tractor Supply" yesterday and they had a brand new MTD 42" for $799.00.
    -

May 28, 2009, 01:33 PM

thanks very much maybe I shouldn't have brought up the trade I mean I'm trading a b-b-que pit I valued at 800 doesn't mean I have a buyer the thing is huge it takes about half a truck load of wood to get it burnt in and cooking good and I just don't need it,I've never heard of weed eater lawn tractors but I think it's a fair deal thanks again

May 28, 2009, 01:37 PM

Mower-man what are you trying to say. This person paid $800 for a used tractor and I told him he could buy a new one for $900. I am not talking about quality just used compared to new. Your scoring me says my answer was inaccurate, where is the inaccuracy?? We may have different opinions but that does not mean you get to give a reddie to someone who was trying to answer a question simply because you think different. That is not how AMHD works. You do not seem to really know who makes what by the way. American Yard Products makes MTD, Weed Eater, Craftsman and others.
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 04:20 PM

I know what american yard products makes! ballengerb1,they donot make:dynamark or mtd or others! They only make ayp,witch is craftsman,weedeater,poulan,poulanpro,wizard,to many other ayp brands!

So don't go saying stuff that is not true!!

I do not mean to be harsh,but please read up on your fact's!

Oh,BTW: ayp is now:husqvarna outdoor products,inc,or HOP,inc!

So please stop with the not true facts!

Reply soon!

Mower_Man
    -

May 28, 2009, 04:43 PM

Well you guys go ahead I nixed this deal going with a used 01,john deerelt155 for 500$perfect tractor needs a deck any replies?

May 28, 2009, 06:21 PM

Read up SER FAQ: LMFAQ: Which manufacturer makes what brand names? BTW where was the inaccurate statement in my post #2?
    TractorGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 01:24 PM
    AYP does not make MTD!! MTD manufactures tractor/mowers for a lot of mainstream brands including: Bolens (entry-level), Yard Machines, YardMan, most Troy-Bilt models, White Outdoor, and Cub Cadet (top-of-the-line). AYP made Craftsman mowers up until this year. Now they make the higher end Craftsman models (3000 and up) and MTD makes the lower-end models. As mower-man said earlier, they also make Poulan, Poulan Pro, and several others. Overall, the AYP machines tend to have heavier gauge chassis, easier bagger mounting, and somewhat better walk-through bodies. Generally, these come with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a hydrostatic automatic. The MTDs offer confusing nomenclature for their 6- or 7-speed shift-on-the-fly, manual transmission. I've seen it called, "Automatic," "Transmatic," and "CVT" (on Troy-Bilt Bronco)! It's really a manual that allows shifting without stopping via partial depression of the clutch. At higher speeds (at the detent), you can up-shift without using the clutch. The MTDs tend to have pretty common underpinnings but different hoods depending on the brand and model. Often a typical hood for one brand is painted different colors and used on another brand. For example I've seen the White Outdoors hood on a YardMan in Yellow and Green. You'll find this too among AYP products, but it's less obvious. Altogether, there isn't a whole lot of distinction between all of these products. It's really about selecting a good-quality product based on its components: engine (mfr. cylinders, full-pressure oil or not, etc.), transmission, controls, deck size, deck qauge, seat height, PTO engagement, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater Riding Mower, Blade won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Weedeater riding lawnmower model 733-848 or HD12538j. The blade will not engage and I found a spring that fell out. I can't tell by the manual where it goes.

WeedEater Brand Lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a New 42" cut Lawn tractor about 9-10yrs ago and I am finally starting to have problems. Today, I had a tensioner pulley freeze up and then it seemed like the transaxle was starting to slip. First, where do I go to get parts on line and second, what can I do to check the transaxle? Any...

View more questions Search