Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzie19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Change name, full cusody
    I'm 19 and I have a 2yr old daughter.. her dad has never been there for her.. and I wanted to get full custody of her and change her last name to mine. Because I was young and dumb and decided to give her his last name.. I've been calling everywhere but I don't really know the legal way to go about this. Can anyone help?
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

May 27, 2009, 04:08 PM
    This is in the wrong section love try law you'll get better answers :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 04:56 PM

I moved your post.

Well "full custody" you file in court for legal custody and it appears you already have physcial custody. If the father does not want visits, then none have to be written into the court order.

Then you get a child support order in place.

You get the father to agree to the name change, no problem
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 04:57 PM

You can file for full legal custody in your local family court. It is pretty easy, especially since he doesn't seem interested. Just go to the court and ask the clerk where to file. Family court is very non-lawyer friendly.

As for the name change, that will require his consent. Best to see a lawyer about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Score Impact of Pay-in-full versus Settle-in-full [ 2 Answers ]

How can I calculate credit score impact (or improvement) when I decided to "pay in full" versus the decision to "settle in full" for old outstanding credit debts? I read it is always better to PAY in full... but am curious to quantify HOW much it helps me in doing that (and considering cash is...

Temporary cusody of my neices in order to settle an estate [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to quickly obtain custody of my nieces. This is the situation... They live in West Virginia and their mother passed away in '94, leaving them in the custody of their father who has since remarried. The 3 (three) girls now 16, 14, and 13 are subject to inherit some money from the estate...

Sole cusody [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I start to,get sole custody of my child?

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

View more questions Search