Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicky2009 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Hyperactive again
    Hi.
    When my daughter was very young she was Hyperactive and was put on Ritalin for many years and then got off it . The Doctor said when she gets older she mite need to get back on it. She now feel she needs to get back on Medication for being Hyperactive again .What Medication would she have to get on now that she is older. And what kind of Doctor would she have to see.
    ovruigo Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Psycologist. Adderall.
    mesing2u Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 11:49 PM

Hi,
    I would make sure it isn't food or allergy related first. Has something changed recently that she feels that she needs this medicine?
    Hope this helps :)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 11:57 PM

mesing2u is right. Yellow food dye always made me hyper. And my cousin gets hyper with red food dye.

ovruigo, she would see a child psychiatrist not a psychologist.
    The simplest way to describe the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist is that a psychologist primarily aids the patient by counseling and psychotherapy. A psychiatrist may also perform psychotherapy; but, in addition, can prescribe medications and perform ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. A psychologist may hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) and be called "doctor"; but, is not a medical doctor (M.D.).
    ovruigo Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

May 16, 2009, 01:36 PM

jenniepepsi disagrees: Adderal is a strong one, and there are other medications and options before jumping right into it. Sorry :) not trying to be mean.

Good thing I don't do this for a living. ;) Just quoting personal experience.

Respectfully,
    O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat Hyperactive and Aggressive [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Ask Me Help Desk, I just got my Little Kitty around a week ago. She is aroung 12 weeks old. For a few days, she was very calm and slept on the bed with me, she also slept peacefully on the big couch. It is just three days ago, that she is terribly hyperactive. I have to keep her in her...

View more questions Search