Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2005, 11:42 PM
    Spy-Bot Error During Check!
    When I ended my scan w/Spy-Bot Search+Destroy, I saw this error message:
    Error during check!
    ISearchTech.ISTactiveX (Ungültiger Datentyp für 'C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\ISTactivex.dll') ()

I tried searching for it under Downloaded Program Files and didn't see it there. My PC is also shutting on and off on it's own, mostly off. Before it shuts down, a fuzzy blue screen will appear and everything freezes. Ad-Aware did not detect anything. Stinger, Norton 2004, and Microsoft AntiSpyware did not find anything either. Everything has been updated.My OS is Windows 2000. I would appreciate any tips and info on this problem. Thanks.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2005, 04:11 AM
    Spybot
    Hi,
    Do you have the latest definitions download from SpyBot? I think its Jan 6, 2005.
    Open SpyBot, then run the check for updates.
    ISearchTech is a spyware program that is covered by the latest update.

Then, here is a link for a free program that rids computers of the CoolSearch spyware:

http://www.download.com/CWShredder/3...ml?tag=lst-0-1
    (Specifically for CoolWebSearch spyware files placed on the harddrive).

Best wishes,
    fredg
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2005, 04:21 AM
    ISearch
    Hello, again,
    Once you have rid your computer of the ISearch, here is a link for a free, great, program I highly recommend:

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...ml?tag=lst-0-2

It is NOT a program that you have to scan with; it integrates with your browser, and stops spyware, etc, BEFORE it gets into your computer.
    I have been using this for a month now, and haven't had ANY spyware get into my computer.
    AdAware and SpyBot doesn't find anything now!!

Best of luck,
    fredg
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 15, 2005, 06:20 AM
    Spyware Blaster
    Can't agree more with fredg.Spyware Blaster stops the dreaded ActiveX nightmare from installing itself on your browser,before you are asked.No more Ibuddy and the like,etc. :D
    Just like to pay my respects to the prog.author, Craig Higdon ,who created it on August 5th,2003.And it was a Tuesday as well!
    Cheers Craig.
    Nez. :)

Jan 15, 2005, 02:27 PM
    Hello and thank you for replying. SpyBot has been updated. CWShredder was downloaded, updated, and listed some search sites and next to the name it read, 'not found'. I did not see IST there. Once again I ran SpyBot and noticed the error still appeared on the search. I've already downloaded Spywareblaster, haven't started it yet because of the current situation. What do you suggest?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 15, 2005, 03:28 PM
    SpyBot Error
    Looking on the net,the ISTactivex.dll is a trojan,originally discovered by AVG.Also known as Trojan horse Downloader.Istbar.5.H.
    Search for a good removal tool.I thought I'd found one at http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/ but I did not notice any support for Windows 2000.As it's late here in the UK,I may have missed it.But I will try again.
    Good luck emilee,
    Nez :)

Just a quick update.Try http://www.downlinx.com/proghtml/263/26366.htm for Pest Patrol 3.This is an anti-hacking and trojan prog. Suitable for Windows 2000.The file size is 2.97mb.

Jan 16, 2005, 03:13 AM
    Thank u for your help. I actually do have 'diamond' in my PC. It works great. But this pest is becoming a problem. I'll keep u posted. Bye!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Check File In Use! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There! Can anybody tell me how to check that any file is "IN USE" by which program or where the operating system is using that file. Is there any procedure or any software in your knowledge that can show where the file is "IN USE" Hope to receive experienced answer! Thank You =)

Disk check [ 2 Answers ]

Yes I have window xp and I can not get the disk check to run, when it starts It says can not open direct and then goes straight to opening windows. Any ideas.:confused:

Check this out here [ 2 Answers ]

http://www.msftlabrat.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv

Error Message Help: Cyclic Redunancy Check [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Well my PC was getting a little cluttered with the mountains of rubbish I had downloaded over the previous months, so I decided to wipe my PC clean and start again. Now, of course there was some stuff that I did want and this got backed up to DVD's. I wrote the DVD's in Nero, after...

View more questions Search