Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whenry6000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Cannot Reverse Craftsman LT1000 Lawn Tractor
    I was cutting the grass and mowing under some trees. As I went past, a limb grabbed the shifter and pulled it all the way back. Ever since then, all of the gears are one off. What used to be reverse is now neutral, what used to be neutral is now first gear, so on and so forth. And I can't go in reverse at all.

Is there any way to get this back on track? If not, is this an expensive repair?

The model # is 917.273752
    texdigdug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Did you check the shift linkage... maybe it slipped like on a car. Could be a simple solution
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

May 5, 2009, 09:02 PM

If it's like my Craftsman there is an adjustment on the linkage by the right rear tire. The lever you grab to shift the mower goes down and attaches to a linkage system. The piece that the lever attaches to has two bolts. The top bolt is a pivot bolt. You shouldn't have to loosen it. Loosen the bottom one and move the lever one way or the other to try to get it back to the position you need.
    whenry6000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfocke View Post
    If it's like my Craftsman there is an adjustment on the linkage by the right rear tire. The lever you grab to shift the mower goes down and attaches to a linkage system. The piece that the lever attaches to has two bolts. The top bolt is a pivot bolt. You shouldn't have to loosen it. Loosen the bottom one and move the lever one way or the other to try to get it back to the position you need.

Thank you both. I will take a look. I had heard of the 'linkage' but was not sure where to look for it.
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2009, 10:46 AM

Your mower has a 6speed manual transmission occording to my book,did you mash the clutch/brake peadal,if not the transmission is toast.dose it click when you move the shifter?check both,trans and shift linkage.if transmission,that particular trans costs$422.79,tecumseh peerless mst-206-545c.

Is your mower a 2004 lt2000?

Reply soon!

-mower_man-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lt1000 tractor [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn tractors transmission seems to slip when I pull my lawn roller. Mows and runs fine otherwise. I hear a noise then the mower slows down and I have to stop then start again. Any ideas. Thanks

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Craftsman lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

My craftsman 15.5 ohv mo#28n787 . Oil from engine is being pumped into carburator through oil breather tube what can I do to fix this .

View more questions Search