Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:02 PM

Think about it... who names their dog after themselves??
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:11 PM
    Uh oh the Obamamessiah reference reminded me of some more recent media reminders .

NOAH G POP FAM :: Painter Michael D'Antuono To Unveil Controversial New Work in NYC's Union Square on Obama's 100th Day in Office

Obama's triumphal entry:<BR>Gentle, riding on donkey

Here lies a fallen god His fall was not a small one, We did but build his pedestal A narrow and a tall one.”
    Frank Herbert
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Think about it ..... who names their dog after themselves ????
    He's ruined the good name of my first Heeler.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 04:33 AM
    My parents will receive an extra $250 check for social security.
    For anyone here who will get the SS check please read this. You may end up having to return some of it in next year's tax filing.

The Social Security Administration is sending out $250 payments to more than 50 million retirees in May as part of the economic stimulus package. The payments will go to people who receive Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, railroad retirement benefits or veteran's disability benefits.

The payments are meant to provide a boost for people who don't qualify for the tax credit. However, they will go to retirees even if they have earned income and receive the credit. Those retirees will have the $250 payment deducted from their tax credit -- but not until they file their tax returns next year, long after the money may have been spent.
    News-Leader.com | Springfield Blogs - Inside Missouri Politics | Springfield News-Leader
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

May 1, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Well besides giving the queen a new iPod and DVD's in the wrong format to the British PM, failing to get more combat troops from NATO for Afghanistan, watching as the Taliban moves within 70 miles of Islamabad and the Norks launch a long-range missile, telling the Europeans we don't understand multiparty democracy, giving the Russians an embarrassingly mislabeled "reset" button, bowing to the Saudi king and hoping Ortega wouldn't blame him for things that happened when he was 3 years old during his worldwide apology tour, Obama's foreign policy is off to a booming start in his first 100 days. They've even managed to visit the country of Texas.

Is this real? That's friggin hilarious.

May 1, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Which one is the a$$?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Is this real? That's friggin hilarious.
    Nope, it's another fake being passed as truth:
    Countries Visited and Mileage: 2009

We've seen this before.

May 1, 2009, 07:57 AM

Or maybe they realized the mistake and changed it.

Whatever.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Nope, it's another fake being passed as truth:
    Countries Visited and Mileage: 2009

We've seen this before.
    I love a self-assured liberal... especially when I get to deliver a smack down.

State Department Lists Texas as a Foreign Country

State Dept. Listed Texas as Foreign Country

State Department Lists Texas As A Foreign Country

I can't imagine why State would want to scrub that mistake from their website.
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Website typos happen all the time. I fix them as part of my job. Is that what you are laughing at? You need very little to amuse yourself.

May 1, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Website typos happen all the time. I fix them as part of my job. Is that what you are laughing at? You need very little to amuse yourself.
    No. What we're laughing at is the fact that the so-called "smartest administration" has a STATE DEPARTMENT that mistakes Texas for a foreign country. The "smartest administration" seems to be pretty stupid if they can call the second largest state of the USA (in terms of land mass AND population), the one that the prior President comes from, a foreign country. We're not laughing at them fixing it. We're laughing at the fact that they made the mistake in the first place. Fixing it was a GOOD thing.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:17 AM
    At this particular time I'm not laughing at the Obama administration. You figure it out.
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You figure it out.
    Nah, I'll let you do that - that's *your* job.

May 1, 2009, 08:22 AM

NK, I cannot believe that you really want to push this argument.

The State Dept. under Princess Hillary and the Genius Messiah Obama screwed up, and the error was very funny. Just accept it and move on.

Elliot
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:31 AM

Oh You didn't know they made that mistake on the web site on purpose. They figured you guys needed a little laugh since your party is going the way of the Dodo.
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Nah, I'll let you do that - that's *your* job.
    Maybe one of these this will help you figure it out.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

May 1, 2009, 01:50 PM

Wasn't Obama going to be the great uniter?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello twink,

10 things, huh? Ok..

1) He ended torture

2) The prosecution of the torturers is going to happen.

3) He is restoring our good name in the world.

4) He's fixing the economy.

5) He's cutting taxes for the middle class.

6) He's ending the war in Iraq.

7) He's stepping up the "good war" in Afganistan.

8) He's restoring "diplomacy" as a tool.

9) He's UN-politisizing the Justice Department.

10) He extended un-employment benefits.

11) He's going to approve legislation that will help the American worker organize.

12) He's fixing the health care system.

13) He's fixing the education system.

14) He's restoring the American Dream.

I got more if you need 'em.

excon
    How many of these do we see actual proof of so far?
    Smoke and mirrors! I won't believe it until I actually see things turn around for the good.
    The lefties said ONE American soldier being killed was one too many. 100 days later how many have been killed?

Twinkerdoodle
    Don't forget to add that expensive 'rent a rock' errrr I mean fly over ground zero to the list. What American President has ever let anything like that happen before?

May 4, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Wasn't Obama gonna be the great uniter?
    Of course. He is going to be the great unifier the same way that Fundamentalist Islam is the great unifier... "Do it my way or else."

Genghis Kahn was a unifier too... He killed all his enemeis. "He created a desert and called it peace." After that, everyone was unified.

I'm not saying that Obama is planning on killing anyone or using force to get his way (at least not yet). But his idea of unification is to get rid of the opposition, which makes him no different from any other despotic "unifier".

Elliot
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    But his idea of unification is to get rid of the oposition, which makes him no different from any other despotic "unifier".
    Hello El:

Of course, we see it differently. I see reality. You're dreamin. The problem here, is the opposition is destroying itself and blaming Obama.

Another problem is you guys think "unifier" means adopting at least SOME of your totally repudiated right wing viewpoints... I have NO idea where you dreamed THAT up.

What "unifier" means in the REAL world, is that Obama has politely invited your side to "unify" itself with the correct side. Of course, your side said no. That's why it's disintegrating.

excon

PS> You should be happy about one thing. Obama has supported Bush in not letting the detainees have habeas corpus.

That's BIG. You should be kissing Obama's butt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Started because pack 2 days late, and I now have my period 15 days later [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was meant to start my first pill of my new pack Monday, march 16th. However I did not pick up my prescription until Tuesday night and so I started the pack Wednesday the 18th at my regular time. Usually when I forget a pill for a few hours I only bleed a little that same day, and then it...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search