Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HELLO65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Female - excessive facial hair
    Anyone know why some women experienced excessive facial hair growth?
    I want to eliminate the cause any sugestions ?

Thanks
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:42 AM

There is waxing, shaving, laser treatments and tweezing.

I use smooth away for my unwanted hair- it works and leaves my skin super smooth ;)

www.getsmoothaway.com

Sarah
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

May 1, 2009, 03:29 PM

the reason why some women get facial hair is because of the testosterone (male hormone) in the female, every female gets some testosterone, just.. some get more of it.
    This can effect older women because it has had time to grow,
    and men get oestrogen ( I think that's the name of the female hormone) this can cause brest devolopment =]

hope this helped, =]
    italiana Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 12:32 PM

You can get laser treatments I'm sure a couple of sessions would do the trick,it permanently stops hair growth,I know because my cousin had it done.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 12:35 PM

Check with the doctor to see if it is a hormone imbalance. If it is try correcting it with what you eat.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 02:44 PM

Sometimes its just in your cultural makeup. I'm itallian and german lol I have facial hair, and some hair on my stomach ugh.

I just use my husbands shaving cream and razor lol. Fortunately for me, my facial hair doesn't grow in NEARLY as fast as his does. Lol.
    dew drop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 03:32 AM
    I have a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). It causes hirsutism (facial hair), male pattern baldness or hair loss, infertility or difficulty getting pregnant, irregular, heavy or no periods (also bad cramping), obesity (and extreme difficulty losing weight), chest hair growth, stomach hair growth, thicker hair on your arms and legs, velvety-feeling patches of skin on your neck and face. Also, if you're diabetic, it really raises havoc trying control your blood sugars. Fun, huh? :o

You can have all or just a few of these symptoms with PCOS. Everyone's different. These conditions happen because of a hormone imbalance and interruption of normal ovarian function caused by cysts on the ovaries.

Tell your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. She may order an ultrasound to see if you have cysts on your ovaries. To help with infertility issues she can prescribe medroxyprogesterone.

PCOS is very common. If you or anyone thinks they may have it, visit this website for more info: Polycystic ovary syndrome - MayoClinic.com

There's tons of info online!

* I am in no way a medical professional. I'm only relaying what has been told to me by my physicians and my own experience. Btw~ I had never heard of PCOS until I was diagnosed. I don't want someone to have to go through 20 years of misdiagnosis, like I did. :(

Hope this helps someone!
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLO65 View Post
    Anyone know why some women experienced excessive facial hair growth?
    I want to eliminate the cause any sugestions ?

Thanks
    Excess hair can be caused by the insulin resistance that comes along with PCOS. Do you have anything else happening that would lead you to believe you have PCOS, like irregular menses, being overweight, cysts on your ovaries, high triglycerides? There's a good website out there www.insulitelabs.com that can help you if you think you might have PCOS (or do have). Once you get that handled, the excess hair should resolve (it takes some time though).

Good luck!

April K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facial Hair [ 2 Answers ]

Im 16 and still no facial hair... What's wrong? And what's the fastest way to grow facial hair, I'm talking like a couple weeks? PLEASE HELP!!

Facial hair [ 2 Answers ]

I am 24 years old. I have facial hair as normally to a 16 years old boy.what I do to grow it fast?is mastuburation might be a cause of it?

Facial hair [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm 17 and I've got upper lip hair.. what should I do... I know if you shave it will grow back thicker.. but if I wax or pluck at will happen?? please help

Facial Hair [ 2 Answers ]

What's the fastest way to grow facial hair?

View more questions Search