Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ocean111 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2009, 02:41 AM
    Holiday Horror! Need a magic cream!
    Hi everyone

I am going on a holiday to Spain in a few days time and would love to be able to wear my new bikinis on the beach. The problem is my back is very dark compare to my front body part. I have been using 55H+ for months now with no good result.

I would like a recommendation for a body lightening product that would work all over the body or that would help lighten my back and stomack area to even out my complexion. And my neck refused to lighten up as well!!

Please help. Any suggestion is very welcome.

PS: Something that would work quickly would be much appreciated.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 25, 2009, 03:48 AM

Unfortunately there are no magic creams out there.

No matter what you do, you will get dark if you go out in the sun no matter how high the factor is. Although, it does help somewhat.

When it comes to lightening, the key is you need to be patient.

A few product suggestions are Bio Claire, Diana Stalder, and Makari. I'm sure other members will post their recommendations too. Also, look out for products that contain either kojic acid, arbutin (bearberry, mulberry, etc) or licorice.
    There are also kojic acid soaps out there that you might want to try.

Good luck!
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Apr 25, 2009, 03:57 PM

I really wish there were a MAGIC CREAM out there!! But I guess we can all dream right? But to the point,lightening takes time and patience.you probably won't be able to do it in a short time unless you want to damage your skin
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:44 PM

If you got like 2 weeks, I can only recommend products that have steroids like movate or neoprosone, they work the fastest
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    if you got like 2 weeks, i can only recommend products that have steroids like movate or neoprosone, they work the fastest

Movate and neoprosone have steroids in them?
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Movate and neoprosone have steroids in them?
    Clobetasol propionate is a corticosteroid used to treat various skin disorders including eczema and psoriasis. It comes in ointment and emollient cream presentations. It has very high potency and typically should not be used with occlusive dressings, or for extended continuous use (beyond two weeks). It is also used to treat several auto-immune diseases including alopecia areata, vitiligo and lichen planus (auto immune skin nodules).
    Clobetasol propionate is marketed and sold worldwide under numerous names including Clobex, Temovate (US),Olux, Tenovate, Dermovate, Dermatovate, Butavate and, Movate.

Couldn't find neoprosone on wikipedia but it is also a corticosteroid
    ocean111 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2009, 04:36 PM

Thanks evryone, you've all been very helpful. I came across a lightening cream/lotion called Nur76. Has anyone head or tried this product before?

Let me know your views, as I'm considering buying it, though, it quite expensive - the whole package going for about $200+!
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean111 View Post
    Thanks evryone, you've all been very helpful. I came across a lightening cream/lotion called Nur76. Has anyone head or tried this product before?

Let me know your views, as I'm considering buying it, though, it quite expensive - the whole package going for about $200+ !!
    NO! I have heard really bad feedback from that stuff
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Apr 28, 2009, 06:09 PM

Read from previous users that it doesn't work at all
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    Clobetasol propionate is a corticosteroid used to treat various skin disorders including eczema and psoriasis. It comes in ointment and emollient cream presentations. It has very high potency and typically should not be used with occlusive dressings, or for extended continous use (beyond two weeks). It is also used to treat several auto-immune diseases including alopecia areata, vitiligo and lichen planus (auto immune skin nodules).
    Clobetasol propionate is marketed and sold worldwide under numerous names including Clobex, Temovate (US),Olux, Tenovate, Dermovate, Dermatovate, Butavate and, Movate.

couldn't find neoprosone on wikipedia but it is also a corticosteroid

Did you write that or is it copied from somewhere?

There is a world of difference between steroids and corticosteroids - I do appreciate that "steroids" is slang for either.
    Corticosteroids - Steroids - Dosage - Side Effects - Interactions - Warnings
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Did you write that or is it copied from somewhere?

There is a world of difference between steroids and corticosteroids - I do appreciate that "steroids" is slang for either.
    Corticosteroids - Steroids - Dosage - Side Effects - Interactions - Warnings
    I copied it from Wikipedia
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 09:53 AM

It is required that you post your source so no one believes you are the author - Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ

Sorry you found my posting the rules so offensive that you reddied me on another thread -
    brightskingal Posts: 17, Reputation: 7

Apr 29, 2009, 03:33 PM

There is no magic cream

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magic cream [ 4 Answers ]

I have heard of stories that magic creams work. Which magic cream and does it really work? I have got a very dark underarm due to using so many products that has irritated it in the end. My skin is so sensitive. Please help me.

Magic cream [ 4 Answers ]

Where can you buy magic cream from and is is really effective on the body

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

View more questions Search