Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infojunkie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Reinstalling Old IE Version after New One has been updated
    How do I get IE Version 6.0 back on my computer? I have updated to IE 8.0 and now I cannot access one of the sites I use on a regular basis. Please help this is stopping my money flow!:confused:
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 24, 2009, 07:55 AM

Depending on if you're using XP vs. Vista, some steps might differ slightly but the process on the whole should be about the same. Go into the control panel, click on Add/Remove Programs, when the add/remove box comes up on the left side of the box click on the selection that says add/remove windows components, in the following box that comes up, scroll down on the list and REMOVE the checkmark in the Internet Explorer box and then click OK. Your computer will run through a few things and then you'll need to reboot. Upon rebooting, you'll have effectively removed whatever version of Internet Explorer was present and will be left with the default installed version.

Another way to do this is simply to try to system restore back 1 day before you installed IE 8 and see if that works as well.

Google is your friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Story about a boy and a carnival.I updated it a little [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what the name of this cartoon movie is... All I can remember is a carnival comes to town and some kind of dark music plays as it sets up and there's a boy who is the star. I remember a bee flying around drunk and then gets trapped in a bottle and I remember the boy drinking from a...

Reinstalling Trial Version Why doesn't Work? [ 1 Answers ]

How To Reinstall Trial Version To Work Again? Help Me .

Updated Processors [ 1 Answers ]

What Is The Most Updated Processor ? What Is Pentium-d ?

View more questions Search