Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 04:32 AM
    memory error
    windows will not complete start up it starts but I get a error 0x836275c7 memory can not read in safe mode will not start up hope you can help
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 05:23 AM

Try removing the ram and stiking it back in and chek that all abels are stuck in furmly even if you have to pull them out and put them back in again. If you have a second PC try downloading a coppy of an ubuntu operating system or GOS operating system they contain software that can scan the memory of the computer to tell you if there are any defects.
    Let me know how that turned you
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 21, 2009, 06:22 AM

Open up the computer and remove the memory modules. Take a block eraser and rub it vigorously over the brass contacts on both side. If you have more than one memory module, reinsert the memory into an alternate memory slot and power up the computer, if it starts up fine, power down and complete the process with the other memory module/slot and retest, if the computer starts up, reseat both memory modules AFTER cleaning with a block eraser and using compressed air to clean out the memory slots. If you can, download a copy of PC Certify and burn to disk and boot from it, run the memory test to identify which memory module has the bad blocks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Referenced memory error [ 3 Answers ]

When I log off, my computer freezes. I turn it off; I log back on. After my applications load, I get the following message: The instruction at 0x73e68d8c referenced memory at 0x000300004 could not be read.

Referenced Memory Error - Memory cannot be read. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server with 2GB Ram. I get an error saying Application error- Explorer.exe giving referenced memory error at 0x00e113f0 - the memory caanot be read. I have removed the memory and swapped with other server's memory but still get the same problem. Could it be a virus?...

Referenced memory error [ 3 Answers ]

I'm getting this message a lot when I close down my IE browser. Does anyone know what it means and how I can fix it? Any help would be really appreciated. Here's the message: The instruction at "0x00f22bf2" referenced memory at "0x01b26680". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate...

View more questions Search