Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortye23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Theft Under $5000
    I was wondering what is the most you can get when someone has stole from the company registers at a Wal-Mart? Theft Under $5000. And it is a first offence?:confused:
    emery Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2009, 05:25 AM

Are you in canada?
    shortye23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Yes I am in Canada. In fact edmonton Alberta
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 15, 2009, 06:58 AM

It will depend on how hard WalMart wants to prosecute. Generally a firest offender can get a "diversion" to avoid a criminal record. But if this was a systematic theft over a period, they might want to prosecute fully.
    emery Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Theft from employer does not usually get diversion as it is treated very seriously in Canada. Best bet is to get a lawyer and try for a discharge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I am from toronto, I recently was in a shop to fix my car, while going around the store, I found a snow blower, I took off the screw of the blower (the one attached to the plastic to direct your throw of snow) because mine at home was missing. I paid for the Car Maintenenace and left the building....

Theft Under $5000 [ 9 Answers ]

I was recently charged with theft under $500 dollars. I was at a local store and my friend ask me to steal, me, being the immature idiot I am agreed I would. I stole of total of 50 dollars worth or makeup. My court date is set for may 2nd and I would do anything to have it erased. It is my...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under $5000. [ 1 Answers ]

Once get the appearance notice from peace officer, would it be possible to settle matter out of court by accepting guilt and paying fine or any demand by shop (out of court). Commodity amount was around 175$

Theft over $5000 [ 3 Answers ]

On a late summer evening in 2000, I was running a BK drive through when I was robbed. I happened to know who these people were but failed to tell the cops who they were at first. They took me downtown for questioning... then several hours later was being charged. Apparently the robbers (who did...

View more questions Search