Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neednadvice Posts: 31, Reputation: -3

Apr 1, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Sending court ordered support threw the mail a violation of a protection order?
    I had to put a protection order on my ex husband for myself for aggrevating me because he was awarded sole decision making and res custody of our 4 yr old. He has been sending my spousal support hrew the USPS since it was ordered over a yr ago. I need to know if he is violating the restrainer by sending it this way or if not because it was court ordered. If so I could get him charged or even if he doesn't send it he could be charged for not getting it to me. Please let me know.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:38 AM

Hello need:

He's sending you money, and you want to bust his chops for it... You're a pretty nasty person, aren't you?

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Let me see if I understand this. Your husband got sole legal and primary physical custody of your son. So you got a protection order against HIM for aggravating you?

And now you want to know if it violates the protection order for him to mail you spousal support payments? How else is he supposed to get them to you if you have a protection order against him?

There is obviously much more to this story and I think I'd want to hear his side.

This is just another in a long series of posts by you railing against your ex. More and more I'm thinking you deserved to lose custody.
    neednadvice Posts: 31, Reputation: -3

Apr 2, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Yeah well he was nasty bu lying on me. Hmm lets see saying my daughter got her humping behavior from watching myself with my man , I was even able to disprove his lies with statements. He even lied on his alcohol assessment. I also found out his wife was gloating that they stole her from me when they got custody.. I think you need to know the whole story before you go "assuming" Im the nasty 1.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neednadvice View Post
    Yeah well he was nasty bu lieing on me. hmm lets see saying my daughter got her humping behavior from watching myself with my man , I was even able to disprove his lies with statements. He even lied on his alcohol assesment. I also found out his wife was gloating that they stole her from me when they got custody..i think you need to know the whole story before you go "assuming" Im the nasty 1.
    Nobody is assuming anything. Everyone here KNOWS why you lost custody.

Heads up, Scott:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ml#post1625051
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 11:54 AM

Having your exhusband send you spousal support through the United States Postal Service is NOT in any way, shape, or form going against a Court Order. He is fulfilling his financial obligation to you.

Please try to get some kind of life and let him live his life. You are way too upset about losing your children's custody and are trying to "get back" at him and the new wife in any way you can. This kind of behavior will definitely come back to bite you in the behind sooner or later.

As has been pointed out several times - you need to retain an attorney to help you with your ongoing custody issues and stop trying to play attorney.

We're here to help you, not argue with you and if you take our combined advice you will get much, much farther than you ever could alone in this matter.

Also, if USPS doesn't suit you, how about FedEx instead? Or you could peitition the Judge to have your monthly spousal support payment sent through the Court Clerk. Would that make you happy then? It can be done that way if you don't want to "touch" the envelope he mailed it in. The Clerk would handle the envelope instead.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Apr 3, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Here's an idea... How about if he (your ex) sends me the spousal support check. I don't mind if it comes by US mail or carrier pigeon and - I'll do just like you and not mention a word about what's best for the child. After reading all of your posts (whew - I feel I deserve the support check now) - I think that Anger Management is just one of the classes you should have been required to attend. Oh - and by the way - your daughter is not a prize at your local carnival to be "won" and her father didn't "steal" her away from you. He was awarded custody because wherever you live - there is a person sitting on the bench that took a moment to say, "Whoa, Nellie!!!!!! Custody to the mother???? Not on my watch!" Kudos to the voters in your town.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 12:46 PM

You know what I'd like to hear? What these alleged "lies" were that the court ripped this woman's child away from her. She keeps saying that lies were told about her and her boyfriend, and that they've been able to prove that they were lies... yet she never says what the "lies" are and she still doesn't have custody of her daughter - which quite frankly, I think is definitely in the best interest of the child.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Apr 3, 2009, 01:00 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that mood altering beverages/snacks? Were involved and/or domestic violence... since the b/f is also involved - I'm willing to bet my share of the support check that incarceration at some level and at some point was also involved. Visitation must be a hoot!!
    C-O-P Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Apr 3, 2009, 07:57 PM

As a man who got full legal and physical custody of his two daughters back in the early 90's. I can assure you that there had to be a BIG reason for that decision. This is one of those "Paul Harvey" issues - we need the "rest of the story". Any chance to get a little of that alimony Alpine, since their mother never paid support (because it wasn't about money to me - just my girls)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 09:12 PM

This was already well covered in previous question before,

No this does not, since sending a court ordered payment is not considered contact.

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered child support. [ 8 Answers ]

I am being told by two different people who work in the court system, I want to know the truth about how long or at what age do I have to pay support? Is it 18, or 21? Now I hear if they attend college it is 21 yrs. For the support to be paid. I have three children who are not in college and...

Court Child Support Order [ 3 Answers ]

If a child support order that was filed with the Clerk of the Court was never signed by a judicial officer, is it a valid order or legally deficient?

Suspened drivers license for non-pymt of court ordered child-support. [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if and how I can go about getting my license back now that my son has turned 18 years old and is no longer considered a ward of the state. Who do I contact, or what procedures do I need to take? :confused:

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Violation of court order [ 4 Answers ]

Ex husband took kids out of our state (maryland) on his weekend visitation to the state of PA for 2 days. I spoke to them in the evenings to say goodnight, ex told me that they were at his moms in (maryland) and I found out he lied to me. The court order states that when he wants to take them...

View more questions Search