Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdziegler Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Argon laser emits a blue beam with wavelength
    An argon ion laser emits a beautiful blue beam with a wavelength of 488.0 nm. What is the energy per mole of photons emitted?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 12:24 AM

Just use to work out the energy of one photon, and then multiply up to a mole of photons.

Where are you having the problem?

Apr 2, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Im having trouble calculating it up to mole per photons or mole of photons..
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 09:03 AM

A mole is simply a number of discrete objects equal to avagadro's number. Does that help?

Apr 2, 2009, 10:18 AM
    so does that mean you times the answer you get in the equation by 6.022 *10^23 moles?
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 12:10 PM

no, by 6.022*10^23 photons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wavelength of visible lines in the line spectrum of hydrogen [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the wavelengths (in nm) of the visible lines in the line spectrum of hydrogen using the Rydberg equation (nf = 2; ni = 3, 4, 5, and 6).

What is the general relationship between wavelength and wave speed? How does water mo [ 3 Answers ]

What is the general relationship between wavelength and wave speed? How does water movement in a wave change with depth?

High Beam/Low Beam on 99 Durango [ 4 Answers ]

My headlights will only work on high beams. My sister owned the Durango before and said she had to mess with the switch from time to time to get low beams to work then finally stopped working. Anyone ran into this problem? I think its in the steering column. I've checked fuses and headlights. ...

How can I tell if I have low-e and argon gas? [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all my windows (21) with double pane, low-e and argon gas... at least that's what I paid for. I'm having doubts that I really have the low-e and argon gas between the panes. How can I tell for certain? What makes me suspicious? I've had the windows for about 9 months now, and I...

View more questions Search