Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Entropic Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    The friends line is nothing more than them trying to ease their own guilt. You have done nothing but go against every piece of advice we have given you. We say don't write a letter, you write one. We say don't talk to her, you talk to her. Obviously your way is not working, so why don't you take our advice. It hasn't worked your way, so give ours a try
    What are you talking about? I never wrote her a letter (or at least I never gave one to her) and I haven't spoken with or seen her in months now. Pay attention guy.

I think this birthday gift situation is a pretty reasonable thing to be curious about.

Mar 25, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    My friend, all that lovey, dovey, caring, and sharing, stuff stopped when you broke up!

Thats a clear and undisputed fact you MUST accept, and deal with.

All that, is in the past, enjoy the memory, but look ahead. No gifts, cards, or emails!!

Stay with NO Contact.
    I think some of you are getting me wrong here, my intention in getting her a gift isn't to get a reaction out of her or even see her, I kind of figured I would just get her something nice and thoughtful and leave it at her house for her when I know she is away at work or something. Then I'd just leave it at that, I don't expect anything back, it just seems like a nice thing to do.. is that so crazy?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 07:50 PM

Don't try to change our minds or convince us your right. You don't have to justify your actions either.

You're the only one to convince what the right thing for you to do is. You do what you feel like, and you will get the blessings, or the consequenses of your actions.

Reread your whole post, and think "what would I tell that guy to do, for his exes birthday"?

That's your answer. Now be honest with yourself.
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Mar 25, 2009, 07:58 PM

Then the next thing you know you have christmas gifts and next years valentines day gifts lined up. Don't give to people who are only takers. Save the money and buy something nice for yourself. Its Trevor time, your money baby money!! Who's the man? Trevors the man! I've got my eye on a new crotch rocket since I got rid of mine in January. Buy something nice for yourself bud..
    tinkersnow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 03:19 AM

Hi Trevor or is it Entropic?

Hmm, I read your post and I'm a newbie here so I'll give it a try to share some.

I cannot judge if your ex's reason of your breakup was the truth or an excuse. But thinking about it I can say that some women I can add myself can't really function well especially if we're aspiring for a higher level of excellence or wants to focus on our goal. I cannot give you the logical answer to that but personally I busted suitors when I was in HS and College when I wanted to concentrate on finsihing my studies and graduate with flying colors.

And you said you were in love but love is a feeling it comes and it goes. It's you and only you who can decide when and how to ease your feelings. Sometimes you have to love more when you are hurt until there is no more hurt left but only love. :)

When the years passby and you run into this thread I'm sure this will make you smile.

But remember this, Friends can be lovers but lovers can never be really friends :)
    hcoluver Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Edited for chatspeak, and lousy spelling

It could go either way... she said she still loved you so that means there is still hope for a possible relationship, but her giving your stuff back isn't exactly the best sign. If you guys continue to be friends you will never lose her for good, so just be happy being friends for now. Good luck!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 09:43 AM

Funny how you tell us to pay attention when you have had this thread going for months are still stuck in the gift giving stage. When will YOU realize that it's over and you are not fooling anyone. We have all had those "gift" ideas, and next thing you know you are sending flowers because she said it was sweet of you to give her a gift on her birthday.

BTW, what I said about the letter was what we call an analogy. Let me know when you're tired of hitting that brick wall
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Mar 29, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Oh bloody hell! This is still going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    I think some of you are getting me wrong here, my intention in getting her a gift isn't to get a reaction out of her or even see her, I kind of figured I would just get her something nice and thoughtful and leave it at her house for her when I know she is away at work or something. Then I'd just leave it at that, I don't expect anything back, it just seems like a nice thing to do.. is that so crazy?
    This is the worst thing you can do for a couple of reasons. First and foremost you are likely to come across as the pathetic stalker ex-boyfriend that can't get it through his thick skull that IT ENDED MONTHS AGO! That will certainly drop your stock right there. You say you don't expect anything back and if you believe that then you are BS'ing yourself as much as you are us. I almost guarantee that you are hoping that this little token will open some sort of door back into her life in the way that YOU want, not the way it currently is and when that doesn't happen you are going to be crushed all over again and back to square one. The bottom line is that it was over months ago and since then you have been given advice on how to start dealing with it so when it got to this point you would be as prepared as possible but you chose to ignore it.

You keep running into that same brick wall and I guarantee you that it ain't going anywhere hoss! Instead of throwing yourself at it head-first, try side stepping a few feet and knocking on the door. Eventually there will e someone there to answer it someone that deserves this type of dedication... because it sure as hell ain't her.
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Mar 30, 2009, 04:24 PM

OH MY GOSH!. 39 pages of GREAT advice and you are still struggling with the whole concept of NC.
    First and foremost... READ Rome's sticky on the NC rules.. that should be a starting point!
    You should NOT, I repeat.. NOT send her anything for her birthday. You are not her boyfriend, you are not her friend (at the moment)... I'm sorry but you need to show some strength dude!. we have all gone through it or are going through it right now...
    You need to focus on yourself... improve yourself, do things that you can be proud of... don't waste time my friend.. you will regret it!.
    We are only trying to help... 39 pages of great advice.. LISTEN TO IT!. STICK WITH NC!. IMPROVE YOUR LIFE!. its for the best dude.

Mar 31, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    Oh bloody hell! This is still going on?

This is the worst thing you can do for a couple of reasons. First and foremost you are likely to come across as the pathetic stalker ex-boyfriend that can't get it through his thick skull that IT ENDED MONTHS AGO!.
    Okay, this post gave me the answer I was sort of looking for. Didn't think that I might come across as the "pathetic stalker etc. ex-boyfriend." So it looks like I'm going to just let it go by.

.. and for the rest of you who are hammering me about NC, I haven't broken it yet at all.

Thanks again for the advice and help with this.

Mar 31, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkersnow View Post
    Hi Trevor or is it Entropic?

Hmm, I read your post and I'm a newbie here so I'll give it a try to share some.

I cannot judge if your ex's reason of your breakup was the truth or an excuse. But thinking about it I can say that some women I can add myself can't really function well especially if we're aspiring for a higher level of excellence or wants to focus on our goal. I cannot give you the logical answer to that but personally I busted suitors when I was in HS and College when I wanted to concentrate on finsihing my studies and graduate with flying colors.

And you said you were in love but love is a feeling it comes and it goes. It's you and only you who can decide when and how to ease your feelings. Sometimes you have to love more when you are hurt until there is no more hurt left but only love. :)

When the years passby and you run into this thread I'm sure this will make you smile.

But remember this, Friends can be lovers but lovers can never be really friends :)
    Considering how quickly she jumped into another exclusive relationship, I'd say it dosen't have much to do with her school work or job.
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Mar 31, 2009, 09:10 PM

You Trevor your ex and mine gave us all the bull excuses. They don't know what they want.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Mar 31, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbroke View Post
    ya Trevor your ex and mine gave us all the bull excuses. They don't know what they want.
    Sure they do. They know that they want something other than what they currently have... or would it be had? Anyway, the "bull excuses" are nothing more than a way to soften the blow. People will say anything if they feel that it will make it easier on the person who's heart they just ripped out. "Taking a break" is just saying that they don't want to be with you anymore but they still care enough to try and make it as easy on you as they can.
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Apr 1, 2009, 06:26 PM

I agree with you Mark... I was given a bull excuse as well... she told me she wanted to live the uni life single because she "felt uncomfortable in a relationship and didnt know why"... in reality she just wanted to pursue the other guy she had been getting friendly with over the few weeks... All this was clear to me when I was thinking straight. NC is great... you really can think objectively once all the emotional dust settles.. it was only once I finally realised this that I was able to really make progress on my healing... hopefully the OP can save himself some time and start the healing right away!

Apr 2, 2009, 02:13 AM

I just don't understand why I'm not feeling any better about this yet. Its been sort of a long time now, but I still can't stop thinking about everything. When does NC start to help?
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Apr 2, 2009, 02:31 AM

It takes time. I have been doing NC for 6 months now and even though I think about m ex almost everyday it not as bad as it use to be when I first started.Be patient with yourself.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    I just don't understand why I'm not feeling any better about this yet. Its been sort of a long time now, but I still can't stop thinking about everything. When does NC start to help?
    When you change your attitude.

When you stop thinking NC is a miracle cure and get out of your own head and start to truly move on.

Make some changes in your life.Do a mental/emotional housecleaning and decide to get rid of the habits and thought process that are keeping you tied down.

Shout This Is Enoughand mean it!

Get out of the shell of pain and whenever she pops in your head and you are about to feel that same old lame sadness yell *NO* and turn it around.
    If you have to mentally yell *NO* ten times a day ,do it,until that is your new habit.

You are getting into a pity pot mode and you have to force yourself out of it!

Believe in yourself and your ability to have control over your emotions.

You do have control !
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 04:40 AM

Had to spread the rep, Artlady, but waiting for NC to work, is a waste of time.

Staying busy, and changing habits, takes a plan of action, and then there is a lot of work to do.

Apr 10, 2009, 10:05 PM

She showed up at my house today out of the blue and talked to me for a bit, and gave me back something I had left at her house, and then she got home and I (which you probably are going to castrate me for doing) spoke to her on MSN and she started telling me that she is really unhappy and her relationship with the new guy isn't working out at all. Then she sort of seemed angry with me for not responding to any of her e-mails, and I apologized and tried to explain why. We started to talk about the two of us, and she was saying that she was happy with me and that her head is screwed up.

Is this a good thing? Or am I just setting myself up for another fall? (I am keeping in mind that it probably won't go anywhere so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.)

Sorry this thread has gone so far.. but this is the only real advice that I get.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Apr 10, 2009, 10:15 PM
    So whenever she fells like hanging out with you, you let her, but when you fell like hanging out with her she is not there.You are setting yourself up, she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, she is just using you.Over 40 pages of advice and still, come on man using your head for once

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still trying to cope with losing the love of my life tragically [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to thank everyone who reponded to my first entry I really appreciate it. Things have not gotten better, Im crying continuously thinking of the last time I saw him and the last time I heard his voice. It getting harder for me. When I pray at night I talk to him and tell him that I love...

Losing myself or losing my life [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all, this is a long one so please bear with me. I got married at 19 to a man who’s 20 years older and we have six children. We have been married 19 years. Where do I start... apart from him changing nappies when the children were younger he does not engage with the children at all. He basically...

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

Losing the Love of my life [ 22 Answers ]

I fell in love with her about 2 years ago. She & I play in a very good band. I am married. She is single, divorced. I ended the relationship about a year ago because I wasn't ready yet to leave and I didn't want to hurt my daughters. We have continued to play in the band together. She and I...

Losing the love of my life [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Im new to this site and I wanted to start by saying I'm glad there is somewhere to turn to. Last month I lost the love of my life, he was murdered. Im devastate:( Everyday when I wake up I ask myself when am I going to wake up from this dream when I say this I continue to cry. It happen so...

View more questions Search