Ask
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Mar 12, 2009, 04:30 PM

Obama is doing fine. Give him a chance.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 13, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am finally settled in my new apartment in Assisted Living... have to figure out how to change my phone connection to local dial-up numbers... can't afford to dial up on my old connection numbers which are way far away.

So, Obama's doing great despite the crazy Confederate Party, n'est pas?

Mary Sue :)
    Glad you are back.

Oh, and about the "confederate party"

Democratic Party

The Republican Party was established at Ripon, Wisconsin in 1854 by a group of former members of the Whig Party and the Free-Soil Party. Its original founders were opposed to slavery and called for the repeal of the Kansas-Nebraska and the Fugitive Slave Law. Early members thought it was important to place the national interest above sectional interest and the rights of individual States.

Over the next few years the Republican Party emerged as the main opposition party to the Democratic Party in the North. However, it had little support in the South.. .

During the presidency of James Buchanan, the Democrats split over the issue of slavery. At its convention at Charleston in April, 1860, Stephen A. Douglas was the choice of most northern Democrats but was opposed by those in the Deep South. When Douglas won the nomination, Southern delegates decided to hold another convention in Baltimore and in June selected John Beckenridge of Kentucky as their candidate. The situation was further complicated by the formation of the Constitutional Union Party and the nomination of John Bell of Tennessee as its presidential candidate.

Abraham Lincoln won the presidential election with 1,866,462 votes (18 free states) and beat Stephen A. Douglas (1,375,157 - 1 slave state), John Beckenridge (847,953 - 13 slave states) and John Bell (589,581 - 3 slave states).

Are you 166 and not 66, that may explain your beliefs. :D;) Just kidding !

G&P
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 13, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The sad part is some repubs are hoping that this happens.
    What? You're a mind reader?
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Mar 23, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You are one nasty person. I hope you're alone.
    Isn't she though? I don't know how she walks around with all the hostility she spouts. Come on twink, lighten up. You'll live longer.:p
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 09:12 AM

Hi, choux, glad you are settled. Nice to see you back here.

As for Obama, I kind of like him. He is very personable. I just hope he does well for Canada on some issues.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search