Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lobstahunta73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 05:18 AM
    Water tank not filling
    I recently reinstalled a water tank and pressure switch and the tank doesn't seem to be filling and I have hardly any water pressure. I only get good pressure when the pump kicks in. I also installed a check valve to see if that would do anything.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Hello lobstahunta73

The first check has to be why the tank does not fill.
    Where is that tank located? Low, high ?
    How does the water reach the tank? By gravity or do you have a pump to fill the tank?
    If it is the pump, does it work? How often, how long?
    If you check the water inlet : what is the water pressure there? What causes the low flow of water into the tank?
    Once the tank fills normally it becomes time to review the outgoing water pressure.
    Why the checkvalve? And where is it located?

I'll keep an eye on this topic for your response and further reactions !
    This poster's a troll
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 26, 2009, 05:42 AM
    I recently reinstalled a water tank
    And would that ne a galvanized pressure tank or a smaller bladder tank? Why did you replace the tank and switch? Did you have the same problem before? Pleas furnish us withy more details. Tom

Sarnian, Go backand read the complaint. The asker already stated that he had a pump so half your questions have already been answered. You ask,"
    What causes the low flow of water into the tank?
    and that's exactly wlhat the asker's asking. If he could tell you that he wouldn't be asking us. Stick around a watch how we do things on The Plumbing Page. Regards, Tom
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 06:09 AM
    Speedball1

His tank is not filling. He states :
    I have hardly any water pressure. I only get good pressure when the pump kicks in
    So I understand that as the pump being in the outgoing line (the tank may than be located too low, or some valve may be partly blocked).

Speedball : why don't you address the question, but instead prefer to pee on me?
    I asked lobstahunta73 for more details, and provided a checklist.
    You may agree or disagree with that list, but it does not allow you to attack others replying here. You have no sole advice rights. You may be Senior Plumbing Expert. But you still have to learn a lot on morality and etiquette !
    This poster's a troll
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 26, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Speedball : why don't you address the question, but instead prefer to pee on me I asked lobstahunta73 for more details, and provided a checklist.
    You may agree or disagree with that list, but it does not allow you to attack others replying here. You have no sole advice rights. You may be Senior Plumbing Expert. But you still have to learn a lot on morality and etiquette !
    Nah! I took you to task because you asked a question that the asker had already answered.
    [How does the water reach the tank? By gravity or do you have a pump to fill the tank? If it is the pump, does it work? How often, how long?
    Now he already told you he had a pump when he said,
    I only get good pressure when the pump kicks in.
    You then asked,
    What causes the low flow of water into the tank?
    You're asking him? It goes like this. He asks us to tell him why he has a low flow.
    The one question you should have asked but didn't was the type of tank he installed.
    Once we knew that we could began to frame questions about the rest of his setup.
    Like I said, stick around and see how we do things here. Regards and don't have such a thin skin. A little constructive criticism never hurt any one. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, Tom
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 06:59 AM
    speedball

You really have a problem. Sorry to see that.
    And I note that you all do that in lobstahunta73's topic.
    Sad, really sad !

No further comment from my side here on you in this topic.
    But I'll keep replying- if requested - to lobstahunta73.

===

Posted here in this reply by speedball - NOT by me (I just coloured it red) :

It's not the asker I'm attempting to educate Sarnian, but it's you who need To learn how and what to ask. My "problem" at the moment would seem to be you. Take it easy! Kick back and see how we do it around here.

Speedball : please keep to the topic question and to your own response to that, and we both will do fine.
    Do not try to blame me for something that is incorrect at your side.
    This poster's a troll
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 26, 2009, 07:50 AM
    lobstahunta73, Pay no attention to the "chit-chat" between experts. Once more, would that ne a galvanized pressure tank or a smaller bladder tank? Why did you replace the tank and switch? Did you have the same problem before?
    Does the pressure build up when the pump is running but bleeds away after it shuts off? If that's so give a close look at the check vbalve you've installed. If were installed backwards that would give you the symptoms that you have. Let me know, regards, Tom
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    lobstahunta73, Pay no attention to the "chit-chat" between experts.

Despite what other posters think, you are the only expert on this thread at the moment - :)
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 07:08 AM
    You said it JUDY... :)

Turn out this guy was someone with a little chip on his shoulder... someone we have all seen at one time or another. If you care to know more click at the experts area... ;)

MARK
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnian View Post
    speedball

You really have a problem. Sorry to see that.
    And I note that you all do that in lobstahunta73's topic.
    Sad, really sad !

No further comment from my side here on you in this topic.
    But I'll keep replying- if requested - to lobstahunta73.Speedball : please keep to the topic question and to your own response to that, and we both will do fine.
    Do not try to blame me for something that is incorrect at your side.
    This poster's a troll

Note that this person is offering to SELL advice - wants to be paid - and continues to attempt to take discussions off the board, despite being asked not to do so.

Also an expert on revenge reddies.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 11:53 AM

Lobsta, we fuss sometimes on this site. Don't worry about it. SB is right when he asks about this being a bladder tank or an older style, galvanized tank. Also, what does your pressure gauge read? It should take LONG swings between the cut in pressure (for instance, 30#) and the cut off pressure (for instance, 50#). Once the pump kicks on, you should be able to watch the gauge slowly climb from cutin to cutoff. When you say you have no pressure until the pump kicks on, it may be that you have a new switch with a cut in pressure of 20# (kind of low) and cutoff of 40#. You won't know that without watching the pressure gauge as described above. If you don't have a pressure gauge, spend the ten bucks to buy one... it is really useful. Remember that the switch is adjustable. Get back with us.

ONe more thing. New bladder tanks will seem to fill with only a few gallons of water initially. This is not terribly unusual. It will do better as the weeks go by as the air below the bladder is dissolved.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:17 AM
    I was going to simply write

"idiots on parade"

And leave it at that, but since it was really just one idiot, cred, aka sarnian, aka who-knows-whats-next... don't know what to do.

Can one idiot constitute a parade? What if he gets a permit? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Hot Water Heater Wire Panel Filling With Water From Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new electric hot water heater. I have connected all the wires properly, I have connected the piping in the correct manner, and filled the tank. I was about to flip my breaker to turn the water heater on, and noticed a little moister around the panel that the wires come...

Filling up a discharging water tank [ 1 Answers ]

10m3 volume of water of pump pressure of 3m3/hr is being transferred from tank A to tank B. if the capacity of tank B is 5m3 and its being discharged simultaneously at rate of 1m3/hr. How long will it take tank B to get filled up?

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

Toilet tank not filling with water [ 5 Answers ]

Our toilet just decided to stop filling up with water. It eventually does fill up but the water is not "spurting" out of the tube, actually it's just dribbling... do I need to replace something or is this a job for a plumber... hopefully it's an easy fix and I'm hoping someone can help me... Thank...

Water tank not filling up [ 3 Answers ]

Today, we changed our kitchen sink. We drained the system, connected new taps,sink. Put water back on - first time ever no leaks. So off for a bath! We have no hot water.Having connected the cold valve on the washing machine to the valve on the hot water tap etc. we had a small amount of hot water...

View more questions Search