Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Just a quick update
    OK, most people on this forum know my story and can tell I have moved on from my ex. I would just like to give a quick little update. I haven't talked to my ex since January after she sent a text asking if the ring I gave to my fiancé was meant for (her ex) and I believed that crossed a line. So I am sitting down at my computer and all of a sudden my phone goes off. I read it and it's a text from my ex saying "We are ring shopping and all I can think about is how I wish this was you"

Just when you think you won't hear from them again, sure enough they text. It doesn't bother me, in fact I find it quite funny to be honest. But as you guys have been with me every step of the way, thought I would tell you the latest
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Mar 17, 2009, 03:48 PM

Hey man... sucks to hear she txted you, but think about it, she is with her fiancé, ring shopping, and she sends you a txt saying she wishes she was going with you. I'd hate to be the guy she is with.

Anyway, good for you, this shows you have moved on quite well and she can't shake you. Keep it up :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 17, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    it's a text from my ex saying "We are ring shopping and all I can think about is how I wish this was you"
    She should be a used car saleswoman.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 04:08 PM

Ha ha I agree... I just find it humorous and yes, I do feel sort of bad for the guy because it's obvious he can't measure up to good ole rome. That's what happens when you have a rebound/grass is greener outlook which she did, I took time to heal with a lot of help from this board and everything. Now I am in a healthy relationship in which we both compliment each other.
    ONLYHERETOHELP Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Someone needs to copy and paste this man's story in every, "I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE, thread."

Time heals, people.

Eventually, you will look back and tell yourself, "I'm actually OK"
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 04:30 PM

Exactly! I was so set that I wouldn't find another like her, while it was true. I found someone better and more compatible, if this gives just one person hope that it's not the end then I'll be happy
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Mar 21, 2009, 06:26 PM

Rome, I am so happy for you mate!. I love reading your threads and have followed your story from the very beginning... I can very much relate to it because, as you already know - my ex left me for another guy (the whole college life brainwashed her - turned out she didn't love me like she always said.. and she was hanging out with another guy, then gave me a BS excuse as to why we can't be together)... ANYWAY, its just great to read that you have found happiness in YOURSELF now and have now found a much much better partner for yourself, CONGRATS!. it must also be humorous to an extent to know that your ex NOW realises her mistake, just goes to show u are a great guy and she has lost out thinking the grass was greener... I have had NC with my ex for just over 3 months so I have no idea about anything that goes on in her life and its great!. although I must admit, I would find it a tad satisfying to find out she thinks she made a mistake (just like her best friend thinks).. I guess it would just give me a self esteem boost, and confirm that she did in fact realise everything I investd in the relationship - even if it is too late now lol...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 06:32 PM

We are ring shopping and all I can think about is how I wish this was you"
    Good thing she is an Ex.I feel sorry for the poor schmuck who is dishing out money on the ring.

Maybe you should take the brother aside and show him the text.Poor sap needs a heads up!
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 06:34 PM

Rome,

Great to hear that you have moved on completely... not that I haven't been able to tune in on that with my incredo sensitive radar!

I have to say though, I don't think this is funny, I think this is sad. She is one of those people that are always looking back. No way to live your life! (Not doubting your greatness here or anything Rome :D )
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 07:39 PM

After knowing what you went through, and can laugh about it now, shows a lot of growth, and a great example to others, of what awaits on the other side of healing, and moving on.

I can see you shaking your head at her.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 07:48 AM

I would hate to be the dude who is dating her now. What a horrible way to live, knowing you are getting married to someone who you don't want to marry.

sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Mar 22, 2009, 08:13 AM

I am happy for you Romefalls, every step of the way. Your happier now, and that's it that counts. Good for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

View more questions Search