Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyoverher Posts: 319, Reputation: 6

Mar 19, 2009, 12:01 PM
    I feel like she's lead me all long... that she's played me for a long time now. If she tells me that shed get back with me I barked at the moon, I would and THEN shed find some other reason to not want to be with me.. until I do something else.. sheesh
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 12:01 PM

I am not one to judge or say you have been a good guy throughout this ordeal. I give advice on here merely from experience and to help those NOT make the same mistake I have. If I judged you on that alone, you would get a C+ or so... however I can't give you a bad grade for being human... we have all been down that road before, it just sucks to watch someone you are trying to help fall in the same traps. I am also FAR from being an expert, as there are many others on here better at giving advice than I am. I just give my two cents and hope you combine that with the advice of others' and then make a rational choice from there.

Mar 19, 2009, 12:06 PM

That seems fair enough...

I have been using Everyone's advice on how to handle this.

It almost seems that our friend is getting off on being the 3rd party to relay all of this to me and to keep it going.. he calls me and asks "how u doin man" how you holding up"
    ImTotallyLost Posts: 134, Reputation: 24

Mar 19, 2009, 12:13 PM

Haha. You need to dump your friend ;-).

Mar 19, 2009, 12:18 PM

Yeah... I hear u.

I think your right IMtotallylost. I guess after today ill start using the NC rule on him as well! :)

Mar 19, 2009, 12:42 PM

I don't know... my curiosity is getting the better of me... u guys really think its positive?

If anything, I'm thinking that at best it would be: "WAIT FOR ME" type of $hit...

Mar 19, 2009, 01:45 PM

Again, I'll be the controversial guy here but, here's what I suggest.

Ask your friend to forward this e-mail or give you the letter, if it was addressed to you. If it's not, then find out what was the message she wanted to give you. The reason is that you already know she has something to say and you're dying out of curiosity. It might be good or it might be bad but either way you'll be crushed. But it's better being crushed than engaging in this compulsive behavior you're in right now. Sometimes we need to do something really stupid that we know is not going to end well just to understand that a stupid move is really stupid.

Independent of the message contents, what you need to do next is nothing. And I mean I. Don't answer or do anything. If you feel you really need to answer, come here and vent. Then, ask your "friend" to never relay a message to you ever again. If she wants to talk to you, she MUST look for you directly. If you're friend think you're being unreasonable, dump him. He has no business playing the middleman between you two.

Mar 19, 2009, 01:51 PM

I mean, I'm saying that because you are dying out of curiosity. In the ideal world of perfect dumpees, we just get out of the scene quietly, never to be heard of again. But we do our foolish things sometimes. Because we are stupid. It's not good, it's stupid. But it seems to me that there are some things we have to learn the hard way. At least, I did. To be honest, I feel there are a lot of things I'll have to learn the hard way ;-)
    nikkiharms3 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2009, 02:34 PM

My sister is EXACTLY the same with men... she KNows she's hot and she uses it... makes men fall for her then she's off... but the thinh is babe the more you go crawling back the more she will do it to you!

If you stand up for yourself and say "fu*k it" fine lets leave it, play it cool , don't text her let her come running to you, perhaps she will gain back respect for you. Some women (particulally ones like her) as soon as a man becomes putty in their hands, I hate to say it, but I think it's a case of treat her mean to keep her keen lol

Mar 19, 2009, 03:20 PM

Wow.

Those are really different approches to the issue! Thanks for your input. I think that yes, although I am DYING to know what the heck she has to say... I am just going to tell him NOT to tell me anything.

Good or bad.

If she wants me, she knows what my demands are. If she doesn't... then she doesn't have to do anything.

The thing is... I am coming to realize that there are other fish in the sea who are just as pretty as she is. I'm not going to date but its just that my eyes are open a little more.

I'm not sure if I can have a friendship with this guy because one way or another... he WILL bring her up. I guess ill talk to him tonight or tomorrow... tell him not to say anything to me about the letter and then... not contact him until he contacts me... which will be within a weeks time.

The thing is that I know this guy and he will tell her that I didn't want to hear anything. I know HER and so do all of you out there... my fear is that she will either say F*C* me - OR will go psycho and start emailing me or showing up at my apt unannounced that kind of stuff. Although she has NEVER done that before.. I don't want to underestimate her. She gets crazy sometimes... and if she's drunk with her whore friends... god knows what would happen...

But, that being said, she told our friend that she put a LOT of thought to the letter and that is very very long. He's just being a good guy I think in wanting to tell me about it.. but he is HER friend first... you know?

I'm not sure if she will get upset with me not "crawling" back as I have ALWAYS done before... the thing is... im NOT playing any games anymore. EVERYONE here has helped me out in that way.. to realize that I'm too good to be treated like she has treated me and that she's not pretty on the inside...

Comments please!

Mar 19, 2009, 03:23 PM
    I just don't know how upset she will get when he tells her that I didn't want him to give me her message in the letter...

Sure... she didn't respond to my emails... and now she thinks that I should respond to hers because SHE put some "thought" into it? And what did I do when I wrote my emails..? Seems very one sided to me. She showed me no respect and still isn't right everyone?

Show ill return the favor.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 19, 2009, 04:04 PM

Hi Crazy,

You should try not to worry about whether she will be mad that you don't want your friend to tell you what is in the letter. You have gone above and beyond for this girl, and she is being quite insensitive. You are the better person here, and you are protecting yourself by not wanting to know. If she gets mad that is her problem, not yours at all. She will show her immaturity.

Mar 19, 2009, 04:22 PM

Thanks starlite1...

Yeah in not "scared" of her... I just didn't want her to go crazy out of revenge. Guess not much I can do about it one way or another... so ill take your advice, and hope she doesn't slash my tires or something! :O

I appreciate you telling me that I have gone above and beyond for her. That means a lot to me and everyone out there. It tells me OBJECTIVELY that I have been in the right - trying to be good to her.

Mar 19, 2009, 04:26 PM

Hon, she is the one that has the issues, not you. I know it is so hard when breakups happen, but honestly, you can do better. I don't mean to pass judgement on your girlfriend, but what I've read so far, you can and deserve so much better.

Did you tell your friend that you don't want to hear about the letter?

Mar 19, 2009, 04:35 PM

No starlite1...

I haven't spoken to him yet. He called earlier in the day but hasn't called back and I turned off my phone.. I don't want any drama for the evening. Ill talk to him and tell him tomorrow... I just hope he doesn't EMAIL me the letter or anything... before I tell him I don't want him to tell me anything!!

Mar 19, 2009, 04:39 PM

Im proud of you crazy! That's good that you turned your phone off. If he does e-mail you, you can always delete it, you know?

Mar 19, 2009, 04:55 PM

Thnks! :)

Yeah... I WILL delete his email... but I don't think he'll send it without talking to me.. but you never know...

Its been a crazy month since she gave me a valentines day card that said ill love you forever.. spend my life with u.. etc... and then hasn't spoken or seen me since!

Not self pity here... just the facts... how insesitive and cold of her. Do you believe in karma? Jk

Mar 19, 2009, 05:13 PM

I do believe in karma, and you are right, she was completely heartless and insensitive. But, you know what? You are seeing her true colors. They aren't pretty colors, and I know you are hurting right now, but you will find someone new, who will treat you with respect and the love that you deserve.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 05:26 PM

Even if your friend doesn't call you your thinking right about not opening the email so you won't read the letter.

This ex of yours is a colorful character and like you said way at the beginning of this thread "you want what you want and you wanted her" but even though you changed your way of talking, kudos for you, now this seems to be her way of thinking. However she isn't afraid of adding drama to the mix.

Just keep your head up and stay positive with a strong stance.

Mar 19, 2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm going to head to bed...

Ill let you all know what's up tomorrow!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking up with someone, heart breaking [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I've only been with my boyfriend for 2 months, but its not working for many reasons. I have a horrible feeling he is seriously taking advantage of me in many many ways and all he is after is sex and money. He says he loves me and I mean the world to him, he needs me, he adores me, his...

I've been dating a girl for 5years and where worce then ever [ 7 Answers ]

The question is I've been dating this girl for 5 years and now we fight a lot and its mostly about her spending money and never saving a dime for a place to live. Worce part is now her mother and aunt is saying bad things and found a place where me sister BF family lives and they don't know that...

View more questions Search