Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbrown72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 01:20 PM
    B&S 18.5 OHV Troubleshooting request
    I have a Craftsman DYT4000 with a B&S Intek Plus, 18.5 OHV. Engine Model# is 31P777, Type is 0348E1, Code is 040303ZE.
    I put a new battery in it (365CA/300CCA). I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, oil filter and oil. I removed and cleaned the fuel tank and have removed and cleaned the Carb. The engine will start and run but it stuggles when cranked to start. I replaced the battery thinking the one that was on it was underrated but that was not the case. It will run like a champ at full fuel but when dropped to lower rpms it runs rough. I replaced the fuel pump because oil was being blown out of the filter/screen element on the pump but it continues to leak oil from the new pump. What should my next step be to troubleshoot this thing. Engine has approximatly 95 hours on it

Thanks for the time!
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 06:52 AM

Post model# of mower and I will give you a diagram of the mower and engine if that will help.

Mower_Man
    dbrown72 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 01:59 PM
    The mower model is 917.273641 and the engine model is 31P777. Thanks for the assistance. Do you have any guidance as to what steps I should take next?

Thanks again
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 03:14 PM

Sounds like the valves need to be adjusted.

Mower_Man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Receptacle troubleshooting [ 7 Answers ]

The last receptacle on the circuit has no power going to it. It is located outside, but is not a gfci. Thank you.

Troubleshooting. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to trouble shoot an older computer I inherited. I am completely new to PCs. At any rate it has two problems that are possibly relateed. 1. The image the monitor (I have tried 2 different working monitors) has a bunch of red (sometimes grey) vertical lines across the screen which...

Troubleshooting guides on IE [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, what are the fast workarounds in troublehooting slow internet connections? Because work stations here as much as possible need not to be restarted.. aside from freeing the memory cache and disk clean up, what are the workarounds for solving PC slowing downs for critical workstations?...

Second HD troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, here's the skinny... Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it. ...

View more questions Search