Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paturner7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Outlook express error
    I am having an error with outlook express. It sends multiple copies of emails that I have only sent once. Some people get the message 10-15 times if not more.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 2, 2009, 05:36 PM

Sounds to me like you either have a huge .pst file outlook starts experience random and I do mean random issues when .pst files grow over 1 gig. In order to solve that simply break your pst files into several smaller ones that are under 1 gig and u should be fine. If that isn't your issue please post more about your problem like ver of windows networked env/non networked etc.
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    Sounds to me like you either have a huge .pst file outlook starts experience random and i do mean random issues when .pst files grow over 1 gig. in order to solve that simply break your pst files into several smaller ones that are under 1 gig and u should be fine. if that isnt your issue please post more about your problem like ver of windows networked env/non networked etc.
    He means .dbx :)

Outlook 2002 and later use a .PST which Contains all folders (inbox,drafts.. etc)
    2gb max per .PST If created in OL2002 or earlier
    33TB Max per .PST if created in OL2003 or later

Outlook Express uses a .dbx file for each folder that is created
    2GB Per .dbx
    *I don't believe there is a folder limit

Hope that helps :)
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 7, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubzor16 View Post
    He means .dbx :)

Outlook 2002 and later use a .PST which Contains all folders (inbox,drafts..etc)
    2gb max per .PST If created in OL2002 or earlier
    33TB Max per .PST if created in OL2003 or later

Outlook Express uses a .dbx file for each folder that is created
    2GB Per .dbx
    *I dont believe there is a folder limit

Hope that helps :)
    So used to exchange servers and such I didn't think. However no matter what the max is keep them under 1 gig. Outlook acts VERY strange when they get larger than that.
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 09:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    so used to exchange servers and such i didnt think. however no matter what the max is keep them under 1 gig. outlook acts VERY strange when they get larger than that.
    Yeah I must agree smaller data file the better.

Quote Originally Posted by paturner7 View Post
    I am having an error with outlook express. It sends multiple copies of emails that I have only sent once. some people get the message 10-15 times if not more.
    We need more information as in.

1.Email account that is configured with your OLE
    2.Is it configured POP3,IMAPI,Exchange
    3.Have you created any rules?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express error message [ 6 Answers ]

I'm Getting Error Message.. the Host 'pop3' Could Not Be Found Please Verify That You Have Entered The Server Name Correctly Account Pop3 . Server Pop3, Protocol Smtp. Port 25, Secure (ssl) No. Socket Error:11001 Error Number 0x800ccc0d Please Help

Outlook Express SMTP Error [ 7 Answers ]

Gidday, my name is Glenn and I am running Win XPSp2Pro. IE7 with Mozilla Firefox and use Outlook Express. All of a sudden yesterday I keep having errors saying that my server has not responded in 180 seconds and do I want to wait or stop. I press wait and it just keeps repeating. I have run...

How to fix tis error with Outlook express. [ 1 Answers ]

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'connect', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D :( :confused:

Outlook express Error [ 1 Answers ]

I have an error on my outlook express. Im not sure what to do to fix this error. Please help! Thank you. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:...

Outlook Express error [ 2 Answers ]

Okay. I have another question if you don't mind, while I gotcha here.. lol. Every time I open Outlook Express a little box pops up that says There is no script engine for file extension ".js". What does that mean?

View more questions Search