Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 13, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Still pregnant...
    I guess I have been leaving bits an pieces all over the place but haven't really updated on the twins. Well I have lost my plug from what I can tell, I have dialated to two cm, I'm have b/h contractions and I'm not making any headway to get these guys out. I'm having loads of lower back pain and I'm 30% effaced and a head can be felt during a pelvic exam. However, he's not engaged. I'm measuring 44 weeks and I'm only 34 and a few days. These guys are getting close to weighing five pounds a piece and I'm really tired lately... no nesting for me this time. I have been trying everything to bring on real labor and nothing is working... these guys have a stubborn streak like their mom... hehehe. Other than all that I can breath a bit easier and have managed to lose three pounds so I know we're close, but I could still be weeks away. *sigh*. I was told that the babies don't weigh enough to get me to dialate, which I think is bull, They are both weighing more than my oldest who was only four pounds two and a half oz. I guess I'm just playing the waiting game now. I know there in a great place right now and are getting the best care I can give them, but oh how much pain can a person go through. I feel like I'm going to explode. I'm carrying about ten pounds of baby right now and I am so tired all the time. Sleeping is a trial in and of itself. I am resigned to sleeping on the couch now. It's lower to the ground and in a direct line to the bathroom. Did I mention that the babies have dropped... I'm tired and rambling... :eek:

Ok so I will update again on wed after my next dr appt if I can. I am going to talk to him about induction and how long he'll let me go before that can happen. I hope it's not long, but I'm sure it will be at least a week. Well, I will try to keep you all informed as best I can. For now my couch is calling me... night all.

Aug 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Ok so I thought that I would let everyone know how my dr. appt went today. I am still two cm dilated and still sitting pretty high up. I am 50% effaced and Charles is finally engaged. He wasn't when I was checked last... I can't wait, they can come any day... preferably today. Anyway, I did have to go into L&D last sat and they said I was dehydrated, and sent me home... I know, I know J, I'm drinking some poweraid right now. I am having contractions as I type this though I haven't started timing them as of yet since I just got home. I am having a lot of labor "symptoms" at the moment too. I am waiting to see if the power aid helps with they dehydrations b/h's or if this is truly early labor. I hate the word symptoms when it comes to labor, it makes it sound like an illness not a life giving event. Poor Drew, my mood swings have been awful today and he's having to bear the brunt of them. Anyway, I think I'm going to try and lay down for a nap, or at least rest and watch a movie. We're getting closer each day and hopefully these little ones won't have to spend time in the NICU since I've carried them pretty much to term for twins. If I've left anything out I'll more than likely post again or, I'll be at the hospital with any luck... Oh I only measured 42 weeks this time... I'm guessing it's because he's finally dropped so low. Well I'll keep you all posted... ttyl

P.S. This makes 35 weeks... I am sooooo ready to meet my little monsters... hehehe

Aug 16, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Oh and one more thing... I did lose my mucus plug last week... forgot that in my first post... lol. So, any time now would be great.
    kymwm Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Good luck Myth, I hope it's soon. I'll be checking to see when you have these little ones.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2006, 10:50 PM
    My wife said that she always hit that point when she just couldn't wait any longer, and then it was usually a week later that the little ones were born.

You ARE on short time! Its true!

Aug 23, 2006, 06:29 AM
    Somehow, though I don't know how, I have made it to 36weeks. I have hopefully my last u/s with these guys today and probably get to set up a day for an induction next week, if I don't go before then. I will let you all know what's going on after my dr appt today. The babies should be about 5 and a half pound... Well not much else to say right now but I'll let you know.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 23, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Congratulations Myth for making it this far! That is wonderful. Having babies in the NICU isn't the same as having them with you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search