Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alexi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Internet browsers acutely slow
    Started a new day and find my IE7 and Fox browsers running acutely slow, like over a minute to load. Sometimes some parts of the page don't load. I've reloaded IE7 with the same results then loaded Fox up but get the same problems.

I run my laptop hardwired to a router and have two other laptops (one hardwired, the other on wireless) in the house that are running slow to medium. My laptop was OK 2 days ago and the only thing I can think that has changed since has been an automatic Miscrosoft update.

Any ideas? Is there some form of diagnostic available for this sort of thing?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 06:08 AM

There are a number of things that could cause "slow internet", however I will tell you one that just happened to me.

I had the same issue and after a lot of debugging, I determined that my wired router had gone bad. If you can connect your computer directly to your modem (bypassing the router) you can see if this might be your problem.

Just a thought... good luck!
    WallyH
    Alexi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Thanks Wally.
    I have tried the laptop direct onto the modem with the same result. I had the ISP technician in today and he has identified a fault in their delivery so now I have to wait for another techie to sort the problem out. I should have thought about the ISP in the first place however they have been good to date. I'll close this problem off now.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Thanks Wally.
    I have tried the laptop direct onto the modem with the same result. I had the ISP technician in today and he has identified a fault in their delivery so now I have to wait for another techie to sort the problem out. I should have thought about the ISP in the first place however they have been good to date. I'll close this problem off now.
    You are fortunate that your ISP has already diagnosed and admitted the problem is theirs. An efficient and conscientious ISP is rare, indeed! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safest Sites To Download the Current Internet Explorer and Firefox Browsers [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I'm just wondering where the safest sites would be to download the latest Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers would be? Thanks!

Slow internet Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Italy and until recently I have had a pretty fast internet connection, but now it is very slow especially with some sites. I tested my connection speed and it is fine -- even fast, but when I connect to many sites, it takes a long time while the browser "looks up the site". What...

Internet is slow when using AOL [ 2 Answers ]

My internet is slow when I use AOL, is there something I can do short of using some other type of browser? We don't want to change our email addresses. Thanks.

2 nics 2 networks 2 browsers 1 internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a PC with 2 nics installed. NIC 1 is connecter to a gbit network with static ip 10.0.0.x and connects to the internet through a server 10.0.0.1. This server is connecter to the internet router and I can access the internet through it. NIC 2 is connecter to the internet router running...

Slow internet [ 4 Answers ]

When I first got my internet it was so fast and now after just a few months it's so slow it takes like 15 min just to load my home page.Please tell me how I can speed it up or what may be causing it to run so slow. Thank you

View more questions Search