Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Jan 26, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Dunkin donuts gone wrong. Worst experience ever!
    Ok, so I started this blog so that everyone can vent about a bad resturaunt/bar/diner/fast experience they have recently had.

Now I'm a dunkin donuts person. I never got into starbucks. I hate coffee but I love the other selection of drinks they have and everything (donuts, cookies, snadwiches, brownies, muffins etc) I love! Esp there hot chocolate. Now I go 3 times a week to DD sometimes to different ones depending on what town I am in. and they're cheap!! How can you beat it?

I've never had a problem ordering before. Now I went to one up the road from my aunts house. I had a slightly big order however it was an easy one, def not rocket science. I went through the drive through because the inside was closed. There was no one in front of me or behind me. I didn't think they could mess this up. Here's what I needed...

1 blueberry iced coffee xtra cream & sugar
    2 hot chocolates
    1 multigrain bagel w/ butter not toasted
    6 dounuts
    -2 strawberry frosted
    -2 vanilla cream
    -1 choc frosted
    -1 choc glazed

That's what I needed, pretty simple nothing. They had no hot chocolate. No strawberry frosted. What do I get when I pull around?

2 HOT coffee w/ blueberry syrup (not fresh brewed blueberry coffee)
    1 wheat bagel w/ butter?
    4 choc frosted donuts
    2 vanilla cream
    1 choc frosted

Like come on people!! And to top it all off you would think they would give us a discount for not having hot choc and strawberry donuts but they didn't. And when I told them it was 2 hot choc not 2 coffees they freaked out. THEN they wouldn't put ice in the blueberry coffee

I was so mad. Never again will I EVER go back there. That was my venting now its your turn. Have fun.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 26, 2009, 04:48 PM

This is a good idea for a post!

I remember one time I went to Marie Calendars with my family and we ordered our meals. Firstly we waited FOREVER for our food, and finally when it came out, none of us had forks. So we asked our waitress for forks and she mumbled an OK and went on to her serving..

Well aparently she forgot about us and we didn't get our forks, our food was getting cold and we were getting impatient. So my dad finally gets up and goes into the kitchen to get forks and we start eating.. well our waitress saw us and didn't like that and pretty much scolded us for doing that..

So my dad left her a penny for a tip. Lol she deserved it!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krzekali89 View Post
    Ok, so i started this blog so that everyone can vent about a bad resturaunt/bar/diner/fast experience they have recently had.

Now im a dunkin donuts person. I never got into starbucks. I hate coffee but i love the other selection of drinks they have and everything (donuts, cookies, snadwiches, brownies, muffins etc) i love!! esp there hot chocolate. Now i go 3 times a week to DD sometimes to different ones depending on what town i am in. and they're cheap!!! how can you beat it?!

I've never had a problem ordering before. now i went to one up the road from my aunts house. I had a slightly big order however it was an easy one, def not rocket science. I went throught the drive thru because the inside was closed. there was no one in front of me or behind me. i didnt think they could mess this up. heres what i needed...

1 blueberry iced coffee xtra cream & sugar
    2 hot chocolates
    1 multigrain bagel w/ butter not toasted
    6 dounuts
    -2 strawberry frosted
    -2 vanilla cream
    -1 choc frosted
    -1 choc glazed

thats what i needed, pretty simple nothing. They had no hot chocolate. no strawberry frosted. What do i get when I pull around?

2 HOT coffee w/ blueberry syrup (not fresh brewed blueberry coffee)
    1 wheat bagel w/ butter?
    4 choc frosted donuts
    2 vanilla cream
    1 choc frosted

like come on people!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to top it all off you would think they would give us a discount for not having hot choc and strawberry donuts but they didnt. and when i told them it was 2 hot choc not 2 coffees they freaked out. THEN they wouldnt put ice in the blueberry coffee

i was so mad. never again will i EVER go back there. that was my venting now its your turn. have fun.

And you thought your order was "pretty simple nothing"? Just what planet are you from to think that order is simple? Lady, that order is far from simple. Did the order taker repeat this gobblygook order to you so you could check for accuracy? Did you order slowly and enunciate words properly? Probably not.

The person filling your order probably heard every third word from the way the order came out. You must remember that those intercoms that are in drive throughs don't work properly due to the weather.

You need also to remember that the people working there are only human and not superhuman.

Sorry, I don't particularly feel your rant is worthy.
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Feb 15, 2009, 09:39 AM
    OK first of all it is their job to know. It was 12 at night only the drive through was open and their were two people working. So you would have figured that theyknew what they were doing.

And I don't know if you work at dd and are sticking up for your job, however when I was 16 I did work at a drive through and I could here what people were saying, esp when there was no one else in the restaurant and it was a CLEAR night.

I can also say that I started this to have fun, not for people like you to say that we are not 'worthy' of complaining. They get paid to take orders, if they can't understand me then they shouldn't b working.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 11:26 AM

We don't encourage text speak on this site. Please don't use it. We prefer English written out.

I don't work for Dunkin Donuts. You did mention that you usually went inside to place your order. Like I said they probably heard every third word of your order. Did they repeat the order to you? Probably not.

You expect way too much nowadays from order takers. Just because it was a clear night does not mean that the intercom system was good. They are usually replaced every 6 months due to the weather. Or their headset was faulty. And no, I'm not sticking up for Dunkin Donuts, I'm just being realistic.

Next time you give your order over any kind of intercom system, be sure to speak slowly and enunciate your words properly so the order taker at least has a chance of getting your order right. And have them repeat the order back to you for accuracy. Just because you once worked at a drive through is great and all that so if anything you should have been more forgiving of the order taker instead of going ballistic on them. Being it was midnight they could have been half asleep also. And they could have been foreigners also and English was not their first language. Cut them some slack.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 11:35 AM

First this is not a blog site. Second, the primary purpose of this site is Q&A, though we do provide an area for discussion.

As to your experience, I agree with you that, the order taker should have checked to make sure they had what ou ordered available. However, to assume they had what you ordered at midnight was a stretch.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 02:13 PM

Ok, I only go inside everywhere, I hate drive thoughs, but the few times I do use a drive though, I don't think I ever got my order right, at McDonalds, Burger King or Krystal.
    In fact I have one Krystal where the standing joke is to be surprised if you ever get the right order.

And let most ever try and actually make change without the machine.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok, I only go inside everywhere, I hate drive thoughs, but the few times I do use a drive though, .
    I rarely use drive-thrus also. But mostly because I tend to order non standard items, so I want to make sure its right. If I do go through one, it will only be if it's a simple order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 06:53 PM

Here in the US we have places called waffle house, they must hate me, it is a game I play, first they call the orders in to the cook, who never writes it down, So I order it the most strange ways I can, like two pieces of bread, one wheat , one white , one toasted the other not.

I never say anything if they get it wrong, I just try and order it to confuse them. They have a system, of how they set the plates, or items on the plates when the order is called in, that tells them how to cook it,

And I can't eat cheese but guess what, they often have their cheese burgers at some places on sale, so I order a cheese burger with no cheese.

The funnist was at a Krystal one day, I ordered two of their little burgers, just a snack, so they called my numbers and there was three bags of food, I told them there was a mistake, and I had to listen to about 2 min of how they don't make mistakes, so I took the bags and left, guess when the person who the food belonged to went up for my 2 burgers they realised they made it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am the worst mom ever! [ 8 Answers ]

I am feeling very overwhelmed. I am stay at home mom of 2 boys. They are 2 and 4. I love them to death, but I don't feel like I ever do anything good enough. I work from home and I babysit for friends and all of this makes me not enjoy my own kids. I enjoy my work, and it is very flexible (can...

Humor to dunk donuts by [ 3 Answers ]

Military Cargo Plane A military cargo plane, flying over a populated area, suddenly loses power and starts to nose down. The pilot tries to pull up, but with all their cargo, the plane is too heavy. So he yells to the soldiers in back to throw things out to make the plane lighter. They throw...

The worst of the worst [ 34 Answers ]

Hello: Obama is going to close Gitmo. Good. Here's what he should do... But, first, let's talk about the "worst of the worst"... That's something Cheney said. I don't believe him. You shouldn't either. After he said it the FIRST time, 20 or 30 were released because they didn't do...

Always settling for worst [ 6 Answers ]

I am an attractive, successful, educated and fun loving woman with a great personality. Yet I find that I am always settling for second best. Throughout my life (I am 29) I have been in relationships where they break up because the guy does something wrong (Cheating, verbal abuse, lies). I end up...

Frenco donuts [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 2" to 2" Ferco donut to replace the hot lead and hemp on a 2" cast iron hub and connected it to a 2" schedule 40 pvc pipe. What is the best way to pressure test this so I know if it is a tite seal?

View more questions Search