Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paroma Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Filling state tax
    Just filed w-7 and may not get the ITIN before April 15 to fill the state tax, will state charge for late fees or penalty after April 15. Thanks
    C-O-P Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Feb 6, 2009, 03:53 PM

Given the situation, you can file for an extension in most states to allow you to file once you have it in hand. About which state are we speaking?
    paroma Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 06:03 PM

State of Georgia
    C-O-P Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Feb 7, 2009, 05:35 AM

I am not from Georgia, but am sure that if you search the State website (or even just go to the local Revenue office) you can get a form to request an extension.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 09:27 AM

For filing after April 15, 2009 you can apply for extension but still you must pay tax on or before April 15, 2009.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 03:38 PM
    If you are due a refund, do NOT sweat it.

Georgia requires NO formal filing of extensions unless money is owed, and then you can use the Federal Form 4868.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Federal & State Tax Filling - 2007 & 2008 [ 7 Answers ]

HI, Writing WRT my US Tax filling. I require to file my US tax returns for the current and the last year. (i.e. for year 2007 & 2008). I had been to US in 2007 for 44 days starting 09/02/2007 to 10/15/2007 and in 2008 for 42 days starting 11/09/2008 to 12/20/2008. My visa status is H1 B. Due to...

Working out of state.filling state taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

We live in PA. My husband worked in PA in June to August. From September to October he worked in NY. How do we file the state taxes? Thanks, Allison

Filling State returns with W-7 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B visa and wife is on H4 visa. I have to apply for ITIN for my wife and am filling W-7 form for her. I found online that I have to mail the tax return(s) along with W-7 form. On some sites it is mentioned to fill W-7 form when you are filling the federal return. I am not sure...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search