Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 09:19 AM

LOL... indeed NK.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 3, 2009, 09:54 AM

Wow. I don't know how Mrs. Haggard can be in denial. She heard him say he had sex with a man, has struggled all his life with these thoughts. He even said HE STILL DOES. Her point is he doesn't HAVE to act on them.

Classy, the denial part is that she believes this is over. He is who he is and I think it is going to surface again.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Wow. I don't know how Mrs. Haggard can be in denial. She heard him say he had sex with a man, has struggled all his life with these thoughts. He even said HE STILL DOES. Her point is he doesn't HAVE to act on them.

Classy, the denial part is that she believes this is over. He is who he is and I think it is going to surface again.
    Cozyk,

I don't know what you mean? WHO IS HE? A sinner that struggles with a sexual sin? I believe that he CAN overcome this sin. Like a alcoholic or drug addict. Some go back to it from time to time.. others do NOT. It is doable. Well that is my take anyway. :)
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 3, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Cozyk,

i don't know what you mean? WHO IS HE? a sinner that struggles with a sexual sin? I believe that he CAN overcome this sin. Like a alcoholic or drug addict. Some go back to it from time to time..others do NOT. it is doable. well that is my take anyway. :)
    The sin was not that he was with a man. The sin is that he was with anybody outside his marriage. That is a choice he can make. I believe he can overcome that sin too. That is not who he IS, that is what he DOES.

On the other hand , being gay, being straight, being bi, is a part of who he is. Whether he ever acted on it again or not. That is the point I am trying to make. That pretending like it isn't so is denial. As long as he carries with him, a shame for being that way, he will be tortured. He should not be ashamed of who he is in his essence, just responsible for what he does.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:58 PM

WEll cozyk I disagree with you. The sin WAS being with a man BUT that wasn't the only one he committed. He was married so it was adultry AND he was also in a place of leadership within the Church which is another problem. Then of course there was deceit and lies and drugs...

I DO believe having sex with the same sex is a sin butI didn't define it that way... GOD does. Do I think GAY sex is worse than having an affair? No. I think sin is sin.

I understand that my stand on this issue is extremely uncool and unpopular, closed minded and perhaps some would argue CRUEL. But understand, I am NOT judging the man. I feel bad for him. I am rooting for him, I want him to get his life together. But I don't stand in agreement with he is Gay and he is denying who he is. If he himself doesn't THINK he is.. who are WE to say he is.
    And what is WRONG with a man wanting to NOT lust after another man? I mean if he is inclined to do that, what is wrong with him saying... I don't want to do that? I know I am repeating myself but I took prescription drugs and liked them. I was inclined toward that and have even been told I was "born" with this so called disease. Because I CHOOSE to say no I won't take those anymore... does that mean I am denying who I am? I don't think so. I am choosing to live in the boundries that God has given me. It is God who has said... I set before you Life and Death... choose life. I think Mr. Haggard is choosing life. We all struggle with sin.. his isn't any worse than mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As Seen On Oprah - Turn $6 into Thousands [ 1 Answers ]

Turn $6 dollars into thousands {Illegal chain letter scheme removed}

Autism Discussion on Oprah [ 3 Answers ]

For those of you with children who have autism or those who know someone who knows someone on the spectrum please check out yesterday's Oprah. Jenny McCarthy and Holly Robinson Peete were on talking about their challenges raising a child with autism. They also brought up some wonderful points about...

Obama and Oprah [ 9 Answers ]

I was listening to a local talk show yesterday and heard something to the effect that Oprah is not longer supporting Obama but is remaining neutral. The host remarked that she had to do this because of her ratings. 1. Has anyone else heard this? 2. Is it true 3. Could you point me to an article...

Oprah neslon mandela song? [ 1 Answers ]

I was watching Oprah today and saw the episode where she was in africa. She was greating nelson mandela and a song came on I have no idea what is called does anyone know? I know its an out there question.

Oprah Show Yesterday [ 2 Answers ]

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? Guests were John Edwards and the Ms. Dubios (the show Medium is based on her). I found it to be very interesting. What did others think?

View more questions Search