Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sleeping-Beauty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Weight problems
    Hii! This is my first question on here so please be nice :)
    Urrm I'm 17 18 in August and I weight exactly 16 stone! I feel terrible I know I'm overweight without going to the doctors. And I'm starting slimming world but I'm terrified to get weighed in front of everyone! What if they laugh at me? I need help in how to be confident in myself!
    Please help me also with keeping weight off, as I will start the gym soon.
    Xx
    candice09 Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2009, 09:01 PM

Drink a lot of water at least 13 glasses a day, avoid sweets, fatty or oily food, and too much carbohydrates like rice, bread, potatoes. Eat in moderation. Don't skip meals it will make your metabolism even slower. Do exercise, walking, dancing , enroll to sports.

You need SELF DISCIPLINE and hardwork if you don't want to use supplements etc. but if you are open to the idea, use slimina weight loss capsules, I don't know if its available in your place but its really effective.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 05:40 AM

What is slimming world?

I think the likelihood of anyone laughing at you is very low. In any case, your job is not to pay attention to them; your job is to take good care of yourself. Put the others out of your mind. Think about your goals, and be positive the whole way through! Your attitude will make a big difference in this experience. Stay strong, get stronger, be healthy, and smile. Good luck to you!
    Sleeping-Beauty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 06:47 AM

Slimming world is much like weight watchers it helps you diet you food and balance what you eat.
    Thank you I will take on board what you said! :)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Look at the positives. You are actively doing something for your health, and I applaud you for that. You are young, and somehow a younger metabolism seems to burn fat more easily and quickly than an older one (like mine :))

The embarrassment may only be the first time you weigh in, but think of it as it will only happen once, because the next time you weigh in, it will be less. Everybody there would have had the same initial fear as you.

Think long term, and set goals. There are peaks and valley's in weight loss, and keep going even when you fall short of a goal, or feel discouraged, or don't lose weight in a week. As you go on, think of what you have accomplished, and when you get discouraged, think back to when you made the decision to change, and keep reminding yourself that you CAN do it.

It will take time, and once you make the commitment and set reasonable goals for the weight loss, settle into the routine, and try not to set expectations too high. It won't happen overnight.

Good luck to you, you sound like a success story about to happen!
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Feb 3, 2009, 09:29 AM

People go there to lose weight. You will probably find you're not the heaviest in the group during the weigh in. Those programs are designed to be supportive and encourage you on your road to health not to make fun of you. Nobody is going to laugh at you and I bet as you lose the weight you will find your group cheering each other on as well as sharing disappointments.
    Ber
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping-Beauty View Post
    slimming world is much like weight watchers it helps you diet you food and balance what you eat.
    Thank you i will take on board what you said! :)
    Okay, then you have absolutely no reason to worry about being laughed at. Zero! Everyone else there is probably just as worried as you are. You're all in the same boat. Think of the others as your teammates. You're there to be supportive and encouraging of each other. You really don't have anything to worry about! Just stay positive. It's the truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight: amt of matter in object is weight. True or false [ 8 Answers ]

Is the answer false because that is mass

Weight problems! [ 1 Answers ]

I have always been 9 stone.. but in the last year I have shot up to nearly 10 stone. I am not eating anything differently and I walk virtually everywhere, but I still can't shift this extra stone off me. I have the implanon in my arm and I am aware that this can make you put on weight but I really...

Weight problems. [ 1 Answers ]

OK well I am over weight or at least I think I am and I was wondering what kind of exercises and other stuff I could do to lose a lot of weight before may, 26, 07. I really need some advise because I want to look good for my party. :(

View more questions Search