Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Jan 24, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Suffering with Migraines/headaches nearly everyday
    Since I was 7/8 years old I have suffered with migraines and headaches.
    I have done the diet diary [when they first started] where I've written everything that I eaten down even if it was a bite of toast.the doctor put it down to chocolate and sweets etc so I stopped eating them.
    And had a brain scan also and nothing was found.
    But the last 3 years I've either had a headache or migraine 5 out of 7 days a week.
    I have been on a lot of different migraine medications and they don't work,I take so many pain killers and its getting to the point that they arnt working and I have to take more and then they don't last as long.
    The last few weeks my head has felt like I have banged it [just on 1 side] but I haven't.
    I have had strange stripes in my eyes the doctor said it was dust.
    Usually I get a warning that a headache or migraine is coming,the annoying niggle or throbbing in the back of my head,but today I didn't I got up I was fine had plans to take the kids in the garden and play after breakfast.
    Made breakfast,remembered I hadn't cleaned my teeth so I went up stair cleaned them,come back down and it hit me.
    It's the worst one I've had since I started suffering with them,my hole face/head and neck was pounding,my hearing went like some one had turned it down and my ear was really sore it was worse than my head.my eyes felt like they were going to burst full of pressure.I couldn't lie down because my pillow hurt my head just lying on it.
    Its getting worse and I can't take it any more I had to ring my mum to come and look after my 2 boys because I couldn't I wasn't able to.
    My doctor just keeps giving me pain killers and migraine meds but there not working I don't know what to do about it,what steps to take to get it sorted out.

All info and help is appreciated
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:31 PM

Hello CM,
    I am sorry for your pain.I am familiar with migraines as my eldest son suffers occasionally.

My understanding is that migraines do not occur daily.As told to my son by his doctor. Has your doctors even mentioned the possibility of cluster headaches to you?

I would ask for a referral to a neurologist as clearly what your current doctor is doing is not helping. If you are seeing a neurologist at present I would shop around a bit and find one who specializes in migraine treatment.

I am including a link you may find useful.Best of luck with this as I know it is very debilitating to try to live with this condition,Cluster Headache FAQs
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:41 PM

I'm a migraine sufferer too. Weather and some foods.

The weather trigger is sometimes hard to identify because it occurs 0-48 hrs before rain.

My cocktail that I have available is pretty extensive and I'm not comfy posting it publicly.

I've only had one issue with rebound and I solved that on my own.

I take it, you don't know your triggers?

A certain time within a monthly cycle is yet another one that's difficult to identify.

Jan 24, 2009, 05:41 PM

My migraines carry on I have them a day or 2 and then they stay as a dull headache for a day or so.its like they slowly come on starting as a headache turn into a migraine then turn back into a headache and then go.
    Sometimes I vomit as well.
    I had my eyes tested as well I have glasses but they make no difference,I still get them

Jan 24, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Its not periods I get them all through the month.
    If I eat bananas I get a migraine but I don't eat them or anything with them in to make sure.
    Doc said it was things like sugar puffs and chocolate and sweets but I don't eat them.
    Hot weather sometimes brings them on,sitting in the sun etc so I stay away from it if I can
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 07:45 PM

Curriosity: What are your meds? PM if you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I treat migraines? [ 12 Answers ]

I suffer from migraines approx. every 4-6 weeks. I can not take any kind of medication as it always causes vomiting. Can anyone suggest any alternate treatments?

Migraines. All The Time. Its Ruining My Life! [ 5 Answers ]

:( Migraine before I go to bed. Migraine when I wake up. It's an all the time thing! I can't take it anymore. My physician has given me a medicine to control them, also to control my anxiety attacks. She says it is from the stress I am going through, that's one thing I can believe. But here's my...

My mother has started to have seizures w/ her migraines [ 6 Answers ]

I am just beginning to research my mothers condition as it is getting worse almost daily now. She just recently had her 51st birthday. 1.) I know she has had debilitating migraines since she was a teenager. These never have been tiny headaches, they would lay her up for days if not over a week....

Can taking a specific med. Cause migraines, and other... [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was in the hospitol for vomiting, blurry vision, seeing 2 of everything, very dizzy and off balance, and had a terrible migraine located in the front of my forehead. My doctor took me off 100 mg Zoloft about a month or so ago, then for 7days, 50mg Zoloft for 7 days, then 25mg along with...

View more questions Search