Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evatcany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Do I have spirits in my new house?
    We just moved to the new build house, there was nothing built on property. We did pictures in every room and we got orbs. We hear strange noises. We have baby in one room and she always cries and looks scared. Its hard to fall sleep upstairs. What should I do?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 14, 2009, 04:49 PM

I suggest that you anoint olive oil by praying over it, using Jesus Christ's name

Then go through the house while praying to Jesus Christ, draw a cross using the blessed oil over each door. Ask Jesus Christ to remove all evil and to protect your house.

You have to really want it, and really believe that Jesus will rid your house of evil. Good luck
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 15, 2009, 11:40 PM

New and unfamiliar surroundings can be upsetting to babies and make it hard for adults to sleep. No spirits needed. Sometimes, though, a place does have a residual energy from people who were there before. It might be a negative energy if they often fought and argued, for instance. Spirits may hang around a place, but only if they have a reason to do so. Keeping in mind, though, that the reason may not make sense to us even if it does to them.

Anyway, yes, there are innumerable ways to try to purify the house, align its energies, and create a positive aura (if you will) around it that will encourage spirits in their highest form to bring blessings. Just about every culture around the world has its own rituals and tools for that. Use what fits your own ethnic/religion/what have you. Common techniques involve purifying with fresh water, fresh air (or incense or sage smoke). Roses, candles or other symbols of light. Certainly prayers and blessings as Plonak suggests, perhaps written on slips of paper or directly on the walls or foundations. Do what feels right to you.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 15, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by plonak View Post
    I suggest that you annoint olive oil by praying over it, using Jesus Christ's name

Then go through the house while praying to Jesus Christ, draw a cross using the blessed oil over each door. Ask Jesus Christ to remove all evil and to protect your house.

You have to really want it, and really believe that Jesus will rid your house of evil. Good luck
    I think I saw that in the movie Carrie and the house burned down in the end and her hand came up from the grave.

---------------------

To the OP: I suggest you don't believe in spirits, that will make them go away. I've don't believe in spirits and I've never seen one in 50 years, nor do I ever think some strange noise, or orb in my photos are spirits.

You see it's really very simple, if you don't believe in them you can't see them, hear them, touch them. Nothing, nada, gone. Problem solved.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2009, 12:06 PM

Eva, since this is a new residence for you it may be that you just aren't used to your surroundings yet. On the flip side, your concerns are genuine since you do have a small child to protect. Give the situation some time. If you actually think you have a spirit in your house and you don't want it there... do the simple thing to start with. Tell it to leave. Tell it that this is your house and you don't want it there. Keep us up on what's going on with you and your family and God Bless. Patti

Jan 16, 2009, 01:16 PM
    I suggest that you annoint olive oil by praying over it, using Jesus Christ's name

Another track you might want to consider is not believing in evil at all. I don't believe in evil, and what you might call evil doesn't come into my life. You give power and existence to the things you believe, and if you believe in evil or spirits for that matter they will exist in your life.

I believe in neither of those things so I have no fear of them and they don't exist for me.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 01:26 PM

I have included a link that I think you will find helpful.I would like to add that possessions ,antiques or family heirlooms can often have a spirit attached to them.Just as you are attached to your favorite rocking chair in life ,so the attachment can continue in the here after.
    Here is the link
    Dealing with a problem ghost - what to do if your house is haunted

Jan 16, 2009, 02:48 PM

As for the orbs, here is the unspiritual explanation. It's up to you whether you want to continue to believe in things that scare you or not.

ORBS

The term orb describes unexpected, typically circular artifacts in photographs. Sometimes the artifact leaves a trail, indicating motion.

The technical photographic term for the occurrence of orbs, especially pronounced in modern ultra-compact cameras, is backscatter, orb backscatter or near-camera reflection.

Causation

Due to the size limitations of the modern compact and ultra-compact cameras, especially digital cameras, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash has decreased, thereby decreasing the angle of light reflection to the lens and increasing the likelihood of light reflection off normally sub-visible particles. Hence, the orb artifact is commonplace with small digital or film camera photographs.

The orb artifact can result from reflection of light off solid particles (e.g. dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets - especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens.

The image artifacts usually appear as either white or semi-transparent circles, though may also occur with whole or partial color spectrums, purple fringing or other chromatic aberration. With rain droplets, an image may capture light passing through the droplet creating a small rainbow effect.

Underwater photographers notice the effect also, which occurs for the same reason as above-water photographic artifacts. Sand, small sea life or other particles close to the lens, invisible to the diver, reflect light from the flash causing the orb artifact in the image. A strobe flash, which distances the flash from the lens, eliminates the artifacts.
    evatcany Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:33 PM

Thank you very much
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jan 16, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    Another track you might want to consider is not believing in evil at all. I don't believe in evil, and what you might call evil doesn't come into my life. You give power and existence to the things you believe, and if you believe in evil or spirits for that matter they will exist in your life.

I believe in neither of those things so I have no fear of them and they don't exist for me.
    TexasParent
    I very much believe in Jesus Christ. And I believe that evil exists in this world, trying to thwart God's good plans for us.

Since I believe evil exists doesn't mean that I'm inviting it in my life. I have never once had an experience with a sprit or demon.. but I doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think that playing with tarot cards, going to psychics and playing with quijie boards invites evil in.

I am only giving her advice in to which I believe will help. I have heard that using Jesus's name will scare away evil.. it's written in the bible

Instead of bashing me, can't you just see that I'm trying to give her an option in which I believe to be true?

Ultimatly it's up to the OP what she does... but stop trying to make everyone else a fool just because it doesn't perfectly reflect your views.

Jan 16, 2009, 06:23 PM
    TexasParent
    I very much believe in Jesus Christ. And I believe that evil exists in this world, trying to thwart God's good plans for us.

Since I believe evil exists doesn't mean that im inviting it in my life. I have never once had an experience with a sprit or demon.. but i dosn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think that playing with tarot cards, going to psychics and playing with quijie boards invites evil in.

I am only giving her advice in to which I believe will help. I have heard that using Jesus's name will scare away evil.. it's written in the bible

Instead of bashing me, can't you just see that I'm trying to give her an option in which i believe to be true??

Ultimatly it's up to the OP what she does... but stop trying to make everyone else a fool just because it doesn't perfectly reflect your views.
    I didn't bash you, in fact I started my post by saying: "Another track to may want to consider...". This in fact invites the OP to make up her own mind. I am perfectly OK with your beliefs; and I believe they are completely true to you.

I was offering a practical non-religious view of things as a solution. I certainly don't want to have a religious debate and if you view my post objectively you will see I was not attacking your point of view but simply offering a different one.

Peace be with you.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2009, 09:09 AM

I'm with Polnak on this. Just because you've never seen something (as in a spirit) doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. I've never seen or heard God. But I do believe He or She exsists.
    I don't want to get away from the original question though. Eva... you have different views to read here about from many people. I don't put too much into orbs though. It's more than likely dust in the air. We got orbs in our pics, we think, from drywalling while renovating our home. Just do what you think will make you feel better. Patti

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have spirits in my house? What do you think? [ 5 Answers ]

I am only a teenager. I moved in my new house in July of 2007. I did not feel or see a prescence of something until one night. Here's my 1st experience on what I think is in the house or whatever.ok.it was a school night & I went to bed.then I woke up at exactly 2:46 a.m.. When I woke up that night...

Are there spirits in my house? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amanda and I am only 12 and a half and I need to know if there are spirits in my house because my uncle passed away a couple weeks ago and I need to know if it's him trying to contact me and tell me it's OK. Also my father, dog, father's friend and grandpa have passed away and...

Is there spirits in my house? [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have lived in our house for 4 years (house was built in 1955) My neighbors knew the previous owners... as far as I know no deaths in the house. My husband has claimed to have felt a "presence" though I never have. However, we have 4 children and a lot of electronic toys in our...

Spirits in my house [ 3 Answers ]

OK here it goes I know maybe you guys won't get me seriusly because it all happened when I was only 14 years old but here it goes One day I was bored late at night I was siting in mi room and thikning how cool wuld it be if you culd communicate with spirits and then for fun si got up and sayed...

Does my new house have spirits in it ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I just moved into a new house with my family about 2 weeks ago. Before we built our new house, there was a small house that we tore down. The house was abandoned and when we went in we found all sorts of pictures of a family with small children, parents, grandparents, teenagers.etc. And all...

View more questions Search