Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    He certainly does NOT deserve any more of Holly's chance's.
    No way.

He is so stupid!
    You totally right - however he reckons he is going to speak to me properly when he gets back off his hols? (so another text message said) I did not reply to his text and I certainly do not plan to even acknowledge him when he does get back.

He has got a nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Well at least you/we have a concrete answer about this guy. No more waiting. Damage is done....

Poor Pete, what an imature guy.
    I don't think he realises how much damage he has actually caused. I swear he is either stupid or just plain ignorant.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Yep, he doesn't deserve more of your patience and neither your time.
    Dedicate all your time to yourself, look after your well-being.
    You are far more important now.
    Xx
    palamutyan_18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
    I am sorry hunny that's very sad I wonder what happened that night that he just changed his mind. Was there a women that he was seeing or did he have sex with somebody eslse and his feeling guilty about it. I don't know but what he did was wrong but that happens guys could be a$$ holes sometimes.!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Yes, I wouldstop responding to his text messages - that's imature as well. Avoidance.

Text message should be for fun, light conversation.

You should keep him updated on thngs, especially the important stuff - but not on a regular basis - he doesn'y deserve it. OR, go through his Mom - she seems like a resonable woman and would be a greta way to communicate for now.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    I don't think he realises how much damage he has actually caused. I swear he is either stupid or just plain ignorant.
    stupid OR plain ignorant?

I don't think you have to choose in this case, dear. =)

which, on a monty-pythonesque-moment-of-something-completely-different-but-sort-of-related-to-petes-being-a-moron, reminds me of the movie "kiss kiss bang bang"... val kilmer asks robert downy jr if he knows what is in the dictionary under "idiot"... I won't give it away. Its what you expect and then not.

if you haven't seen the movie, its worth a rental just for the dialogue.

lets all get "pete sucks" buttons made. There can be a line of inflatable punching dolls and a dartboards and hockey pucks with his mug on them.

sorry.

pete sucks.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 14, 2006, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Well at least you/we have a concrete answer about this guy. No more waiting. Damage is done....

Poor Pete, what an imature guy.
    Honey, I agree.. damage has been done - to you. Now you need to get legal advice, get stuff in order and plan your life accordingly. I know how painful this is, as I am living with it here in Germany with my daughter. She still cries herself to sleep nights.

Now it's time to think about the health of your little one.. and that means as little stress as possible - sounds easier said than done, I know, but you've got to try.

It hurts, it's not fair, and nobody can take the pain from you. But we are here for you and will try and help you through it all. Your job is to try and think positive, feel good about your health and growth of the baby, knowing you are going to love this little one with all your heart - no matter what kind of father.

Bless you dear, and know that all of our wishes are with you.
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jul 18, 2006, 09:18 AM
    What a horrible situation. Unfortunately men don't seem to explain themselves sometimes. Maybe if you back off for a bit he will come round, and realise what he is missing. It does seem strange that he changed suddenly like that. The texting and phoning thing does not seem to work with men, you are best to leave him be. If he thinks you are getting on with things, he may realise that life is not actually good without you. Otherwise, he may be a loser and you might be better off with someone who will treat you right : )

Shame about the baby thing, at this time you will need to consider all options, and speak to your friends and family for support
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 12:56 AM
    Just to update you... Pete has started to come round. He apologised on Sunday and invited me to his for Tea and to talk about the baby on the Tuesday (just gone) he wants to be involved and we have discussed as much as we can for the minute - but the main thing is he wants to be a dad and he is talking to me... I do have to admit though his eyes were welling up whilst we were talking - especially when he was looking at the scan pic and asking if I was still moving away. He has lost so much weight - I am so worried about him... I think there is a lot more going on with him than meets the eye.

As you can see I have changed my Avater - that is the scan pic of my littlin :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 01:17 AM
    Welcome back DJ_H.

I have actually been thinking a lot about you as its been a while :)

So good to get an update from you and your avatar is just amazing :)

Xxx
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 01:54 AM
    Just been so busy sorting things out and getting myself together. Things are going well and Pete seems to be taking steps in the right direction finally.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 02:12 AM
    How are feeling all in all?
    Ok?

Its good to hear that Pete is eventually coming round.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    How are feeling all in all?
    Ok?

Its good to hear that Pete is eventually comin round.
    I am fighting fit and full of energy. Been so busy with DJing, swimming and seeing all of my friends and organising bits and pieces for littlin that I have not had timw to stop and get depressed or anything lol - all in all pretty happy. See if you stay positive and carry on living things soon sort themselves out - you just have to ride the storm until they is a break and soon enough things will clear up and resume course.

:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 04:19 AM
    That's the spirit Holly keep it up :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 04:21 AM
    I intend to - just kind of remembered who I am and, realised I needed to embrace myself again :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2006, 07:50 AM
    That is a beautiful pic you have Holly. Thank you for letting us know how you were doing. I was thinking about you and your little one and I was wondering how you were doing.

Joe
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Aug 4, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ 'H'
    I intend to - just kinda remembered who I am and, realised I needed to embrace myself again :)
    Sorry to hear about the problems you have been having ! Its good to see that you are embracing yourself ;) I hope you have lots of luck and things go very well for you.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Holly - that;s great - good news. Nice pic. Be strong.

Hmmmmm - maybe Pete will fully come around? Maybe he will get it. Interesting - keep us posted.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Well I was sat outside earlier and peteb came out to go for a bike ride. I was on my phone - before he rode off; he made a point of getting my attention and waving to me before he went off on his bike ride... to which I waved back. Yesterday we even had a text conversation about a mutual friend. So I guess you could say things are slowly progressing down the right track... only prob I have now is that my job have now said that I am useless and my work a load of crap and they are trying to make me say I'll leave... everyone I have spoken to reckons they are trying to find a way around the fact I am pregnant (since I only started on 1st June)... because they were happy with me and my work before hand and there are still things that I am learning but they are not giving me a chnace to embrace and understand and they are not offering me any kind of support. They made a huge list of errors and faults that I have been making and telling me it's very disappointing and they are just carrying me at the moment. I have never had this said to me in any job and the line of work I am doing is along the same lines to what I have been doing for the past 4years. Plus they did not point out to me in those two months the mistakes I was making and they have said at least 4 people have complained about me and mu abilities.

As one thing goes right, something else goes wrong... what do you think?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 5, 2006, 07:17 AM
    Holly, you have gone through so much lately that it really spins my head. But, you've mastered mostly all of them very well, and you will also master this one.
    Right now, try not to let yourself get stressed out by the mobbing you are going through. These people would probably kick a dog that's already down and enjoy every moment of it. They will probably push it to the legal limit, and if you have documentation and/or witnesses, you can take them to civil court later. You have your talents and know it. Right now though, you have a much bigger job ahead of you - and the hell with the money - you'll get support, I'm sure, from Pete's folks, you step dad, and all your friends. They will all make certain that you will not starve and get the proper nutrition for you and the baby.
    Also, they will be there for you when you feel stressed - and that's very important. So swallow your pride and accept all the emotional, financial, and other support offered. If I were there, you'd be staying with me.
    I kind of suspected that Pete would not totally distance himself from you, he is after all a human, and we all make mistakes. He just needed some time to adjust to the present situation and realize the change in your lives. Nobody is a 100% perfect, but as long as we are still breathing there is room for improvement. I'm also sure that deep down you still love him very much, and will probably be willing to forgive him. And guess what - this is OK. A lot of couples go through one crisis after another, but surviving them makes them stronger.
    The current issue at your workplace will also pass - you'll have time to think about what you could do with your talents - maybe even get a job that makes you happy and content. Your main job now is your child, a year or two of attention for him/her, no matter what you have to do without financially. Money is nice to have, but it is not everything.
    I truly wish you all the best, dear, and I'm sure you'll eventually see a 'light at the end of that tunnel'.
    Lots of love and best wishes,
    Chery

Someone will always be out there to give you a hard time - place yourself above them - they are pitiful.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2006, 11:50 PM
    Well I am just getting through a day at a time at the moment - but have decided to leave because it is now putting too much stress on me. - I sought out advice from Petes Dad because he knows about this stuff and last night out of the blue and totally unexpected I received a text message from Pete asking me how my day at work had gone and if I was OK?. I was so overjoyed by this that I realised that there is more to life than work and Pete certainly means more to me and you are right Chery I ndo still love him very much... its not something you can just switch off - you just adapt. We\are talking quite often now ans when we go to leve each other we have that awkward moment where we look at each other and don't know what to do - hug etc - so we end just saying "Seeya later" and I usually scarper a bit quick lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How is this life? [ 10 Answers ]

Every day is the same. I feel like I am trapped in a corner. This world is pushing me into a dark corner. Pushing me into somewere I don't want to be. Pushing me into something I do not want to do. School, Parents, Friends, Loved ones, Working, money, drugs, alcohol, and the future. All of these...

DSS in my life [ 3 Answers ]

I had my son taken away from me and my husband because we relapes on drugs and my in-law went to court to get custody and the judge said none of you are good enough for him (mind you during this time we had already started getting help again after being clean for three years) my son is 2 he changed...

Tapered drill bits [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, How do I sharpen a tapered drill bit. Thanks, Randy

Aah the life... [ 2 Answers ]

Staying at Deer Creek State Park, out in the middle of nowhere (I thought)... doing some computer work while the kids are traipsing around outside looking for bugs, spiders and snakes... and lo and behold I get a message "there is a wireless network in range"!! An amazing world we live in, aye?

My life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of dreams in my life and I finally want to move forward and make something of my life.Do you see me making any of my dreams reality and will my life turn out OK or end up worse. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search