Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hallyelujah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
    It's only 2 years.
    Hey everybody. Before you read this, keep in mind that ;
    a) I am 14 and he is 16.
    b) I have already talked to my parents about us dating, and they approve.
    c) He has already talked to his parents about us dating, and they approve.
    d) The farthest we have gone is one kiss.

With all that taken into consideration, here is the whole confusing story between him and me;

This summer I met a really great guy(let's call him Daniel for now) who's sixteen and we really hit it off. We hung out together almost everyday, and he told me that he liked me very much, and wanted to date me, but felt it wouldn't work. We were both discouraged by this, but it didn't stop us from liking each other. In July I went to camp for a week, and when I came back, I heard nothing from Daniel. We barley said two words to each other until the day before school started. I was mortified. I had no idea if I had done something wrong, or what. Then out of the blue, he calls me up, and we hang out- like nothing ever went wrong- the day before school started. Then, just like this summer, he deserted me for a while, until on the day of my birthday party, we hung out. Shortly after my birthday, it was his birthday. We hung out then, and started talking more. I still had no idea if he still had the same feelings for me as he did in the summer. Then, in mid November we started hanging out frequently again. After a while, he told me that he still had feelings for me, and that this time, he was going to find a way for us to be able to date. He said he wanted to wait until he got his drivers license until he asked me out, so we decide to wait until then. Everything is going fine and dandy, when one day he tells me that he doesn't think our relationship will work out after all. He says that because I'm younger, he doesn't want me to have to deal with people always giving me flak for dating an older guy, and that when I go to high school, things are going to change so much and there will be a ton of other guys for me. Of course, stupid me, I break down into tears and can't say a darned thing back to him. He finishes by saying that he still wants to be my friend and hang out with me as much as we do now.

I know with all me heart that we can make this relationship work. And I'm going to tell him that, I just need some back up for my argument.
    I know that us as friends would sound like a perfect solution to this, but it won't work. If we stay friends, I'll sit here and waste away, wondering about what could've been.

If anyone has been in a situation like this, please give me some insight as to how it worked out for you. Anything would help me.

I just do not want to loose him.
    Hamselv007 Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Dec 26, 2008, 11:39 PM

Want argument ? Show him this thread.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 08:47 AM

At 14, you will have dozens of boyfriends that come and go. This is part of dating and growing up.
    NewYork123 Posts: 67, Reputation: 8

Dec 27, 2008, 10:57 PM

You write very maturely for your age. Just let him go is the advice I have. You can't talk someone into being with you, they should want to be with you no matter what. Once you act like you are no longer interested in him, then like all boys/men he will realize that he really does want to be with you. When he asks to hang out with you, don't always say yes. He will start to wonder why you aren't always available and he will see that he could lose you.
    rebeccastrean22 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2008, 12:12 AM

I would say that he just wants to get into your pants common your 14 and he's 16
    J_Nannen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Dec 28, 2008, 12:21 AM

I felt very similarly to you with my first girlfriend. I'm still not over it, but, time heals all wounds. All I can tell you kid is to keep your heart intact. If someone doesn't want to date, you cannot force them to. As for friends, it can work. The key to being friends is to let it go. Don't let yourselves harbor and ill feelings towards each other over this. See it as a growing experience. Sure, it hurts. But no pain, no gain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

The Wonder Years [ 3 Answers ]

I was trying to get to the bottom of why it is hard to find The Wonder years on DVD (mainly netflix). I was lead to wikipedia and found my answer. I started reading the plot/synopisis of the last episode and it was not like how I remembered!! I could have SWORN, and I remember it so VIVIDLY...

2 years? [ 1 Answers ]

I had three boyfriends two years ago, since then I haven't dated. I just can't find anyone I'm interested in, is there like something wrong with me? Advice?

Six years later [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 34 year old woman. I have been dating a 45 year old man for six years. He currently lives with his mother but stays many nights with me at my home with me and my four children. He works and provides for us very well when I ask for help. My problem with him is, he is a drug dealer. I use the...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

View more questions Search