Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottaquestion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Precautions for cartilage piercings done at home?
    ok...i pierced my own cartilage,,, i used a safety pin and it feels like i thought it would pain when i lay on it,,,which i never did again,a little when i get close to the pierced place...are there any precautions i should worry about other than cleaning it?...I've been cleaning it by taking the earing out and cleaning THAT with rubbing alcohol....i just read that i need to use non-iodized salts:eek:,,,but since i've been using the alcohol only on the earing..AND it dries b4 i put it in...will it still harm my good cells?:confused::( ugg! HELP ME! it feels a bit better,,,then i heard about paralyzation...what all goes on with that...i'm dragging on...so answer away please!:o:D
    melloboi23 Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Go to a reliable tattoo shop and ask them to check out the damage. They will tell you what you need to do. The paralasyse is mainly a threat if you pierce your traguses that's the little triangle thing closer to your face.
    ikryspy Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Dec 18, 2008, 08:20 PM

I did mine myself. I used rubbing alcohol on my ear too. It worked really well; that's all I use on my peircings.
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Dec 23, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Piercing any cartliage by yourself is BAD!

I did my own earlobes and it took like 3 weeks to heal. Cartliage you can mess up in many ways. It can damage you er and it can cripple, you can cause damage to cells/veins and stuff and it may never heal. I got my cartliage done by a proffessional and it took a year to completely heal!

I would take it out immediately and go to a professional and have them look at it and repierce it.

Good luck!
    amy112 Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2010, 05:02 PM

Don't worry I had mine done at home too and its completely fine! Just make sure the stud or hoop isn't cheap, and you are not cleaning it with alcohol because it can just irritate the piercing even more.
    Getting cartilage piercing bumps are another caution but if you do get them just almost leave the piercing alone
    :) hope it helps
    Sagenn_Gracee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 10:10 PM
    I got mine done by my friend with a safety pin lol its absolutely fine I have had no trouble with it and I really like the look of it so don't worry:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial piercings as compared to cartilage. [ 5 Answers ]

MMkay... so I would like to know how much worse an industrial piercing hurts as compared to a cartilage piercing... any info will be helpful! Please and thank you!

Confused cartilage & belly piercings [ 8 Answers ]

Is there really a certain age you need to be to get a cartilage piercing? Because my friend has told me you need to be 18 or so but I doubted it at first. I know you need to be 18 to get your belly done from where I'm from, in calfornia. I know that you shouldn't remove the piercing from your...

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced on my left ear 2 days ago. It is extremely sore to touch and it is a bit red its not beat red its just a little red it doesn't hurt other than touching it and I'm doing the proper cleaning more so than it said. Do you think its infected? Or is it part of the healing...

Cartilage piercings - Yes or no? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting my cartilage pierced on my ear. I've heard needles are the best way to go for many reasons and have read up a bit about keeping it clean etc. Any tips or warnings? Particularly, how long is it best to leave it before 1) swimming, 2) changing the stud/ring, 3)...

Precautions to take while having sex [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone help me by telling what precautions should a girl to take while having sex for the first time after marriage? Is there a lot of pain for a girl? If there is what is the way to lessen the pain? Help required urgently Thanks in advance

View more questions Search