Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEpurplepeanut Posts: 195, Reputation: 8

Dec 23, 2008, 12:09 AM
    Heart vs head
    He says he likes me, he acts like he likes me, he says he'll go out with me NEXT year (all because we are going to different schools at the moment, whatever), but I found out he's moving at the end of the year and he knew about that before all of this. I feel like he just stabbed me, if he really liked me he could have just told me that he was moving I would understand, but no, he had to be a big-fat-scum-bag- piece-of -lying-bastard and get my hopes up and then snatch 'em and crush 'em in the dirt. Sorry for my foul language but that's what he's being right now. I'm one of those people who give other people more than a second chance (one weakness of mine). I really like him,but he lied to me. My head knows it's right to move on but my heart thinks it's a bad idea. Got any advice for a girl who doesn't have any experience with this type of stuff? :(
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 23, 2008, 11:48 AM

First of all, you have to realize he said he "likes you" "he acts like he likes you" but.. how come he wants to wait till next year? And, was he implying a LDR (long distant relationship) you need to give me more information.

Dec 23, 2008, 01:51 PM

I don't know if he wants a ldr, I don't think it'll work because he's moving to North Carolina and I live in Illinois. We're one school year apart and so we go to different schools that's why he said "next year" he knew he was moving when he said "next year" and I found out about it because he's my brother's friend, and I found out he's going all "girl crazy" because my brother's complaining about how he's been dancing around trying to ask other girls out. If he really likes me wouldn't we be going out? And if he didn't like me he could have just told me, I'm not upset about him asking other people out, I'm upset that he expects me to wait and that he wasn't truthful with me about it. I don't think he likes me as much as he says he does.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 01:56 PM

If he's girl crazy and trying to get other girls to go out with him, his telling you to wait until "next year" sounds like he's telling you not to hang around waiting for him, like it's a major brush-off, like "go away and don't let the door hit you in the rear" and "here's your hat, what's your hurry."

Don't wait, don't hope, and move on. You're much too young to sit around mooning over someone who isn't interested in you.
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Dec 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
    My manager told me this one...

Don't trust you head because it can go crazy

Don't trust your heart because it can get broken

Don't trusing anything below your waist because that just wants one thing.

TRUST you gut because if you have a gut feeling... its usually right.

I've lived on that saying since I heard it and I have no complaints about my life.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 23, 2008, 07:29 PM

Ok, obviously, this guy doesn't like you. If he's going "GIRL CRAZY" for other females.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Dec 24, 2008, 02:57 PM

Well, tell your heart to take all of its feelings and shove it, I understand how you feel, but, your heart barley has the right answeres, its allways good to go with your head

Dec 24, 2008, 03:35 PM

Thanks, I have known him for almost 3 years and it's hard to do that, but I'll try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head Vs. Heart [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: I find myself in a head vs. heart situation. I have ended an emotionally draining relationship of more than 10 years. As I tried to find the courage to "move on", I found myself turning to a married woman who understood everything I had experienced and made me believe that she was also...

Head,heart,or groin? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, I have a bit of a situation. I have been with a woman for the past two years and do love her very much. We have recently broke up, by my doing. We had been having problems for the past, maybe three or four months. But here comes the twist... I have kissed a guy we both know, but that I...

Heart vs. Head? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I love this website! My situation is a bit different than any others I have read, but long story short. I was in a bad marriage, hung out with my best friend for a solid year (husband was OK w/ it), and well, I grew very close to my best friend. Said this before. We quit talking for...

Heart or Head? [ 3 Answers ]

I dated a guy for 5 1/2 yrs. He has 2 children, now 8 and 9, both of my kids are grown and gone. I have been through a lot with him, divorce, child custody battles, driving back and forth to pick up his kids (took a whole weekend) and just the everyday things of dealing with 2 kids. Now after...

Heart or Head [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This has to be the best site that offers the best advice and insight. I read all of your post and each of you are incredible with your depth and how to easily assess a situation. This site has helped me greatly, more then you will ever know. I thank you all for your genorisity...

View more questions Search