Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
    DUI DMV hearing
    Can the DMV use an expunged criminal case as evidence at a license revocation hearing? The expunged case was a drug related case from 10 years ago.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Hello maria:

Yes. A case is expunged simply to HIDE it from the public. It does not ERASE it as a conviction, and it will be used against you to enhance your punishment.

A PARDON, on the other hand, DOES erase a conviction.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Going to a hearing [ 1 Answers ]

Doesn't USC 18(a)(c) deal with drug trafficking, computer use? What are you asking?

Garnishment hearing [ 1 Answers ]

My bank account was garnished, for the past 18 days, 2 days ago the lawyer in the case represting the plaintiff called and told me he was going to take 283 from my account, this was prior to the hearing that was arranged with the court, I agreed on the basis that all other funds in my account would...

50-B Hearing in One Day [ 3 Answers ]

I took out a 50-B on my soon to be ex-husband and an assault charge. Our court date is in one day and he has hired one of the most powerful attorneys in our town. I do have an attorney as well. His lawyer called me last week and wanted to speak with my lawyer (so we do not have to go to court). If...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

View more questions Search