Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Dec 12, 2008, 09:46 AM
    GE's side by side refrigrator?
    Hi

I have about 7yrs old GE's side by side refrigrator, the problem is that the water dispenser is not working at all, ice maker is working fine, and we can see(feel) that it filter's the water fine, but it doesn't spill it out. Could you please suggest somehting. I would really appreciate.

Thanks
    ebuzek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and remove the back cardboard shroud. Do not damage it or throw it away because it serves a very functional service. It will need to be reinstalled later. You should have a double water solinoid in the back. This is where your water line from you house connects to. Their will be two sets of wires, one for each coil. 1 is from the icemaker and the other is from the water dispencer. You will notice two 1/4" plastic lines, one for each solinoid, 1 for the icemaker and one for the dispencer. Unscrew both lines if you do not know witch is witch. Press the water dispencer and see if water comes out. If it does the line going up to the dispencer is cloged or frozen. If it doesn't it is the switch or the sloinoid. Now switch the wires on the sloinoids so that when you operate the water dispencer it runs the icemaker solinoid. If water comes out of the solinoid that you have disconected it is the water dispencer solinoid. If no water still comes out than it is the switch at the lever you press. Make shure you don't have a internal water filer that might be pluged. If one solinoid is bad you will most likely have to purchase a whole new set. Some solinoid have a water hose type connection with a screen inside. Turn off the water before you try this. Always know where your water shut off is at (and most important that it works) in case of any problems. Hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

Kenmore side by side -refrigerator warm ,frezer icing near vents [ 2 Answers ]

Ice maker in door barely making ice and forming icicles on door and near vents in freezer. The refrigerator is warm and cold air from freezer is not flowing into refrigerator. Ice is forming on door of freezer and near the vents .

GE refrigerator side by side GSS25JFPDWW slow Ice maker only 3 times in a month [ 1 Answers ]

It's the craziest thing, the ice maker does not make cubes, the water tray is full and in place but the rotating thing that throws them out of its maker does not seem to turn in a cycle to make more. The feeler arm, should it be under the cube maker or away. It moves side ways, in or out. We...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search