Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistake1010101 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Not sure what to do.
    Hello there

I have been charged with theft not exeeding $5000 (x11)... however I worked for the company and that is who is charging me.. this is my first offence... however I am very scared and don't know what to do, I am also 6 months pregnant and I don't want to do jailtime... can someone help me or give me any answers??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Hello mistake:

Hire a lawyer.

excon

Dec 8, 2008, 11:40 AM

Well due to my financial situation I am unable to afford a lawyer.. I am going through with Legal Aid, however I am very concerned that I will go to jail... im just looking out for my unborn child... what usually happens in these cases.. do you know?. I have read that community serivice could be an option.. is that true?

p.s what does " I didnt drink the kool-aid" mean lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistake1010101 View Post
    Hello there

I have been charged with theft not exeeding $5000 (x11)...however I worked for the company and that is who is charging me..this is my first offence...however i am very scared and dont know what to do, I am also 6 months pregnant and I dont want to do jailtime...can someone help me or give me any answers???

Assuming you are in Canada - by the offense - you need legal counsel. Theft from an employer is taken very seriously.

You need legal aid or a private Attorney.

Anyone here would only be guessing.
    emery Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2008, 07:46 AM
    It is true theft from employer is treated very harshly in Ontario and you will most likely not get the diversion program. Your best best would probably be a conditional discharge but again this would all depend on the circumstances. You need to see a lawyer!!

Dec 12, 2008, 03:30 PM

Ok so I have been refused Legal Aid, and cannot afford a lawyer, however my court date was today and I went and received a Dislocure package, which says what the Crown wants my sentancing to be... I do have another court date in Jan... however I do not know what to do now... can I represent myself if I already know what my charges are going to be?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistake1010101 View Post
    Ok so I have been refused Legal Aid, and cannot afford a lawyer, however my court date was today and I went and recieved a Dislocure package, which says what the Crown wants my sentancing to be...I do have another court date in Jan...however I do not know what to do now...can i represent myself if i already know what my charges are going to be?

Please don't keep opening up new threads. The answers aren't going to change.

Asked (in more detail) and answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search