Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    The Biblical gospel comes in much assurance:

Heb 10:19-23
    19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
    NKJV

I know that I am saved as did the Apostle Paul. You too can have that assurance.
    Fine, then you should be able to explain how I've misunderstood the passages to which I've appealed. Perhaps you could start with Eph.2.8-9. It's a simple request. I'm not asking you to build a bridge or define pi.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoue View Post
    Fine, then you should be able to explain how I've misunderstood the passages to which I've appealed. Perhaps you could start with Eph.2.8-9. It's a simple request. I'm not asking you to build a bridge or define pi.
    Why don't you just carry on with the discussion and see where it leads? That was part of the discussion, we discussed, you asked many things, and I answered them all hundreds of posts ago. Move on. Or go search yourself. Or have you just decided to carryon with this silliness until the thread dies?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Akoue,
    You keep asking nicely and keep getting ignored.
    I wonder why.
    Fred
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Nope. I did not evade it.
    Good, you've just confirmed Catholic doctrine:

Lets review:

Quote:
    Those who put their faith solely in the cross of Christ will be judge by their works to determine what crowns they will receive, crowns that we will later throw at the feet of Him who alone merits credit even for our good works.
    That's Catholic doctrine.

Now, how about those who profess to be faithful but don't do the works which God prepared from the beginning?

This is not the first time that it was asked. You're getting to be like Akoue, asking the same question over and over after it has been asked.

No, it's Christian doctrine.

One more time - this time, please read. Professing to be faithful does not save anyone. Receiving Jesus as Saviour is what saves.

Further, your question is in and of itself contradictory because one cannot be faithful and not do good works.
    I rest my case. You have confirmed Catholic doctrine that faith must be accompanied by works or it will not merit salvation.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Why don't you just carry on with the discussion and see where it leads? That was part of the discussion, we discussed, you asked many things, and I answered them all hundreds of posts ago. Move on. Or go search yourself. Or have you just decided to carryon with this silliness until the thread dies?
    It's silly of me to want to understand Scripture correctly? If I am in error regarding Eph.2.8-9 then that is a serious thing. Please, set me straight so that I can be unburdened of my erroneous private interpretation.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Good, you've just confirmed Catholic doctrine:
    I know Catholic doctrine very well. I dsiagree with is. I believe in and follow Christian doctrine.

I rest my case. You have confirmed Catholic doctrine that faith must be accompanied by works or it will not merit salvation.
    I said nothing of the sort. I stated that a person who simply claims to be faithful, but has not received Jesus as Saviour is not saved.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:57 PM
    I can define Pi! I can do the birdge thing too!
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Okay. I trust in the cross. You trust in your denomination. Let me know how that works out for you.
    But, you’ve taken Him down off His Cross, walked over the “fulness of Him who is filled all in all”! What works for me is “all things under his feet and hath made him head over all the church.” Not an empty cross.

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    But, you’ve taken Him down off His Cross, walked over the “fulness of Him who is filled all in all”!
    He is down off the cross, not still up on a crucifix. He is the resurrected Saviour.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    I can define Pi!!
    Ssh! No cheating. And remember, if you allow another student to copy off your work, you're going to the principal's office too.

So you can define pi. To how many places, smart guy?
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
    I know Catholic doctrine very well.
    Then why do you misrepresent it? If you know Catholic doctrine, then you know we believe in faith and works. But you claim we believe only in works? So, what's the deal?

I dsiagree with is. I believe in and follow Christian doctrine.
    You actually follow TJ doctrine.

I said nothing of the sort. I stated that a person who simply claims to be faithful, but has not received Jesus as Saviour is not saved.
    I'll quote exactly:

I asked:

Now, how about those who profess to be faithful but don't do the works which God prepared from the beginning?
    You answered:
    No, it's Christian doctrine.
    I rest my case.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by de maria View Post
    then why do you misrepresent it? If you know catholic doctrine, then you know we believe in faith and works. But you claim we believe only in works? So, whats the deal?

You actually follow tj doctrine.

I'll quote exactly:

I asked:

You answered:

I rest my case.
    Qed.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Then why do you misrepresent it? If you know Catholic doctrine, then you know we believe in faith and works. But you claim we believe only in works? So, what's the deal?
    I never said that you believe only in works. If you claim that to be true, show me the quote. But having rejected the sufficiency of Christ, and substituting even part of the merits of salvation with the works of men is an issue no matter hwat percentage it may be.

You actually follow TJ doctrine.
    And Paul followed Pauline doctrine. If you associate my beliefs so closely with scripture, I guess that is a compliment.

I'll quote exactly:
    Is dishonesty a good work of your god? I said and I quote (indeed you even quoted me earlier):

"One more time - this time, please read. Professing to be faithful does not save anyone. Receiving Jesus as Saviour is what saves.
    Further, your question is in and of itself contradictory because one cannot be faithful and not do good works. "

If you must lie about what I said to defend your faith, is it worth defending?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Intersting,
    Tj3 claims he goes with Christian doctrine.
    Catholic doctrine is the original Christian doctrine ans still is the FULL Christian doctrine.
    So why isn't Tj3 a Catholic according to his word?
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:11 PM
    And Paul followed Pauline doctrine.
    So "Pauline Doctrine" and "Christian Doctrine" are distinct? Why wasn't Paul following Christ's doctrine?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Intersting,
    Tj3 claims he goes with Christian doctrine.
    Christian doctrine came well before Catholic doctrine, because the Catholic church did not exist until 325AD
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:12 PM
    So "Pauline Doctrine" and "Christian Doctrine" are distinct? Why wasn't Paul following Christ's doctrine?
    No they are not distinct, but it seems that De Maria thinks so.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Akoue,
    Good question,
    I eagerly await the answer.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Christian doctrine came well before Catholic doctrine, because the Catholic church did not exist until 325AD
    You're the one who said he didn't want to talk about the history of doctrine, but only about the Bible. Do you take Paul to follow a doctrine other than that of Christ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2008, 09:15 PM
    No they are not distinct, but it seems that De Maria thinks so.
    Then why did you just claim that Paul adhered to "Pauline doctrine"? Is that a denomination?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lord of the flies [ 1 Answers ]

What does Ralph tekk Jack to do at the meeting when Jack trie to talk out of turn?

Mother of my Lord [ 139 Answers ]

When St. Elizabeth greets Mary the Mother of Jesus, she says: Luke 1 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? I believe she is recognizing that Jesus is God and therefore means Mother of my God. What do you think she means?

Slum Lord [ 4 Answers ]

In April, I moved into my apartment. It is now June and there are letters coming here every other day saying this property is scheduled for sheriff's sale September 9, 2008. My mom told me to start an escrow account until the situation is resolved or just in case I have to move. Is this true? How...

My land lord [ 2 Answers ]

M landlord has got a eviction letter on the property in which I'm living with my two kids and partner ,from county court , because he didn't pay his mortgage on time from last 6 months and I'm renting his property, so kindly tell me what I should do ? And where to go? And for more information my...

View more questions Search