Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alexi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 03:03 AM
    Restore of Windows XP on a Compaq EVO laptop
    I'm trying to restore the windows XP environment on my backup laptop but have mislaid my disc 1 of 2 of the Restore Disc, I have 2 of 2. Is there some way I can download a disc 1 of 2 OR is there some way I can restore from ROM? The computer is a Compaq EVO N410c. I have just gone through the same process with an ASUS laptop but it had the facility to restore from ROM. Can I do that with the Compaq and if so how?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 09:27 AM

Download here for about $10

http://www.recovery-cds.com/laptop/p...p?product=4332

Or as noted in this thread, you can actually reinstall a laptop using any Windows XP disc, just use the license key attached to the bottom of your laptop to make it legitimate, and visit the second link for all the updated laptop drivers:
    Business support forums - Need Evo N410c Windows XP restore CD's

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...652&taskId=135

Nov 29, 2008, 02:09 PM

Thank you, most helpful. I shall rocket into this at ramp speed!
    Software Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Thank you, most helpful. I shall rocket into this at ramp speed!
    (pig-wink)

Nov 29, 2008, 06:21 PM

OK, what is it about computers, they are a paradox of simplicity and complexity!

I have a Windows XP restore disc for my ASUS laptop but how do I boot up with this disc in my Compaq EVO? The ASUS was simple as there is a HD partition so you can do it without a CD.
    Software Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 06:37 PM

You can't do that. The Restore Disk will only work with unit(s) for which it was designed. You will have to use a standard Windows installation disk, wherever you can borrow one from.

I would recommend you purchase the ACTUAL restore disk for this unit as you really should have it and the restore done that way will be far less work than any other. The link above includes a download link, so you can start right away.
    Software Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Here's another source, only $3.45

HP Compaq EVO N410C NTLDR Boot CD Disk 98 XP 2000 Automatic Easy Fix Repair Software English ( )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD not working on Compaq laptop [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. New to this site. The DVD player on my Compaq Presario V4000T notebook is not working. It is recognized in Device manager and is showing in My Computer. When I insert a CD or DVD, I can hear it start to spin up, but is "chatters" and then when it stops the disk is not recognized. This...

Format laptop compaq nx8220 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, does anyone know how to format a compaq nx8220 business laptop. I currently have windows XP and I want to clear out all my files and keep my operating system. Please let me know. Thank you, KG

Compaq laptop Hard Drive won't load windows xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Compaq 3015us laptop that's acting up. Upon start up the compaq splash screen comes up as it should then then the computer runs bios and the next screen asks which boot device I would like to use, Hard Drive (C), CD Rom (D) or Floopy Drive (A), and its never done that before. The...

Upgrading DVD drive for Compaq laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone tried upgrading Compaq laptop DVD ROM to DVD R/W? I have COMPAQ Presario 2100 which came with DVD ROM attached. I tried opening the bottom cover but I can't lift the cover ajar more than a 1/2 inch. Without opening the case, is there an easy way to take out the DVD ROM and replace it?

View more questions Search