Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drelbrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:10 PM
    1999 Honda Accord won't start
    I tried to crank the car. It would turn over but not start. It started to back fire but would not start. It seemed like only one plug was firing. I replaced the distributor and rotor. It would not start. What else can I check?
    PopeRacing11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:17 PM

Im no expert my any means but my 98 accord done the same, I just had to have a new key programmed... Does the immobilizer light flash?
    drelbrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:22 PM

It does flash sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
    PopeRacing11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 07:25 PM

Mine came on and continuosly flashed when it wouldn't start... If it came on and went out it recognized my key and started, I got tired of having to wait sometimes, So I had a new key made, It may be worth a shot?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2008, 11:45 PM

Perform tests, in Sections A and B, below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda accord won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, My accord won't start when I crank it up. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the ignition coil, but when I replaced it, I still have the same problem

1999 Honda Accord won't start but turns over [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 1999 Honda Accord that will sometimes not start. When this happens the car turns over almost indefinitely but will not fire. Had the fuel filter and fuel pump replaced (which they now say WAS bad... but not the problem) and after they did, it worked for a couple weeks then started doing it...

1999 Honda Accord EX Won't Start [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Here's the story. My 1999 Honda Accord has 143,000km's on it and a few months ago it began having trouble starting. I would turn the key and it would struggle for a second and then stop turning over, or just make a ping noise and not turn over at all. After 4 or 5 tries it would usually get...

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 engine stalled and hard start after stop for refill (occasion [ 2 Answers ]

• I live in Owatonna, MN and work in Bayport/Stillwater, MN (92 miles each way) • I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX, V6 Coup. I bought it new. • I put in about 255,000 miles already (I was driving 99%) and intend to keep driving it until 500K miles • I still love the car and it is still like brand...

1999 Honda Accord won't start, again? [ 3 Answers ]

My 1999 Honda Accord won't start again, after having the starter, and battery replaced about 45 days ago. I have not begun to trouble shoot the problem yet and was hoping for some good advice/tips. The ignition switch was also recalled and replaced a couple of years back. Any tips on what steps...

View more questions Search