Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PopeRacing11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 06:57 PM
    1996 Honda Accord EX 5speed
    I have a 1996 Honda Accord EX 5 Speed 2 door sedan, Im having trouble getting it to go through diagnostics for state inspections.. There's NO check engine light on but they tell me at the inspection station that "its just NOT ready to drive more" Well I drove it well over 100 miles on vacation and such and took it back.. Still same results.. Car runs and drives with NO problems... Can anyone help?

Nov 28, 2008, 08:32 PM

Anyone?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 09:00 PM

You need to ask the inspector what "it's just NOT ready to drive more" means. Ask him specifically what caused your car to fail inspection.

Nov 28, 2008, 09:39 PM

That's just it, its not failing... Hes not even getting to the "inspecting" part of the procedure. Here in NC any car 96 or newer has to be "plugged-in" he can't tell me what is causing it to reject inspecting the car.. He told me that he thinks that the computer had been reset recently and it hasn't been drove enough to under-go inspection... SO I drove drove and drove and it didn't help.. Same rejection... I even changed the computer,o2 sensor,speed sensor and still same results.. I guess it will have to sit in the driveway until I figure out what's wrong.. Its strange because without the check engine light being on no one can tell me what's wrong.. The car drives perfect just like it did when I bought it... Its crazy! Want to buy a honda? Lol
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 09:55 PM

Kitch428 lives in NC--maybe he can help you. Try sending him a PM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the starter on a 1996 honda accord? [ 3 Answers ]

I just have no clue where it is. Thanks

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

1996 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

Hello could anyone tell me why my check engine light all of a sudden came on after getting a fill up of gas I have no type of inducation that anything is really wrong with the car

1996 Honda Accord LX will not start sometimes [ 1 Answers ]

Hey All, Any advice is greatly appreciated! I have 1996 Honda Accord LX. Every now and then (during the last couple months) my car will not start. It won't crank over or nothing. I've tested the battery and seems to be fine. I even thought it was the alarm/killswitch but there are no clear...

View more questions Search