Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddy2727 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Summons from Credit Card
    I received a summons for C.C. debt of $14,500 from an attorney representing Citi cards (the bank my credit card is through). I am trying to settle with them out of court for 50% but they are insisting on 70% which I don't have. I will be answering their summons and asking for validation of the debt. My question is: 1: do you think they will agree to 50% once they receive the answer I filed? 2: do you think they will have the necessary proof to fight me in court (it doesn't look like the debt was ever sold)? 3: do you think they will actually go to court (its like an hour and a half from their office)? PLEASE ADVISE ME!
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2008, 10:15 AM

You might want to read this article The Growing Trend of Credit Card Debt Lawsuits - Will You Be Served a Summons?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Summons [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old and a week ago received a summons from capital one credit card.I live in Florida. They are taking me to court for a 929.00 debt on my card I work about 21 hours and I'm saving up for school. I was wondering what can I do to have the date postponed on the summons so...

Credit card summons [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have incurred a debt from a credit card 4 years ago that Bank of America bought. The debt has been sold to a Cornerstone Financial Corporation for collections from which I received a summon served to me by a local sheriff. I do not own a house, I am jobless , and I am finishing school. ...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

Summons for credit card [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone serve your leasing office with papers to give to you? Should you call the creditors after you have been summons? What does file a written answer with the court mean? What should I say? What do you think will happen If I am a married, both full time students, living in low...

Credit card summons [ 2 Answers ]

I have sreviced a summons for a credit card debt and I would like to respond with a motion to discoer.. how do I do that and would it prolong the case?

View more questions Search